Feb 9, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hello, Clippers, welcome to the price of success. I know this is all new to you, but you’re going to be getting a lot of this kind of stuff now.
“I just want to know where I stand with the Clippers.”
Where he stands is that he’s making $8.5 million this year with a player option for the same amount next year. Beyond that the Clippers are going to have to give max extensions to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for the 2013-14 season (not to mention the nearly $11 million DeAndre Jordan will make that year), so they may be looking to keep the price of backup guards down a little bit.
It’s not that they don’t like Mo Williams or think he’s a quality player, but with the payroll hits for the big stars coming, the Clippers are going to be looking for value pricing in role players. Which may rule out extensions of $8.5 million deals.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30