Feb 9, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
Hello, Clippers, welcome to the price of success. I know this is all new to you, but you’re going to be getting a lot of this kind of stuff now.
“I just want to know where I stand with the Clippers.”
Where he stands is that he’s making $8.5 million this year with a player option for the same amount next year. Beyond that the Clippers are going to have to give max extensions to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for the 2013-14 season (not to mention the nearly $11 million DeAndre Jordan will make that year), so they may be looking to keep the price of backup guards down a little bit.
It’s not that they don’t like Mo Williams or think he’s a quality player, but with the payroll hits for the big stars coming, the Clippers are going to be looking for value pricing in role players. Which may rule out extensions of $8.5 million deals.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5