Feb 9, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hello, Clippers, welcome to the price of success. I know this is all new to you, but you’re going to be getting a lot of this kind of stuff now.
“I just want to know where I stand with the Clippers.”
Where he stands is that he’s making $8.5 million this year with a player option for the same amount next year. Beyond that the Clippers are going to have to give max extensions to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for the 2013-14 season (not to mention the nearly $11 million DeAndre Jordan will make that year), so they may be looking to keep the price of backup guards down a little bit.
It’s not that they don’t like Mo Williams or think he’s a quality player, but with the payroll hits for the big stars coming, the Clippers are going to be looking for value pricing in role players. Which may rule out extensions of $8.5 million deals.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 10
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 7
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 15
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26