Feb 9, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hello, Clippers, welcome to the price of success. I know this is all new to you, but you’re going to be getting a lot of this kind of stuff now.
“I just want to know where I stand with the Clippers.”
Where he stands is that he’s making $8.5 million this year with a player option for the same amount next year. Beyond that the Clippers are going to have to give max extensions to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for the 2013-14 season (not to mention the nearly $11 million DeAndre Jordan will make that year), so they may be looking to keep the price of backup guards down a little bit.
It’s not that they don’t like Mo Williams or think he’s a quality player, but with the payroll hits for the big stars coming, the Clippers are going to be looking for value pricing in role players. Which may rule out extensions of $8.5 million deals.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48