Feb 9, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Hello, Clippers, welcome to the price of success. I know this is all new to you, but you’re going to be getting a lot of this kind of stuff now.
“I just want to know where I stand with the Clippers.”
Where he stands is that he’s making $8.5 million this year with a player option for the same amount next year. Beyond that the Clippers are going to have to give max extensions to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin for the 2013-14 season (not to mention the nearly $11 million DeAndre Jordan will make that year), so they may be looking to keep the price of backup guards down a little bit.
It’s not that they don’t like Mo Williams or think he’s a quality player, but with the payroll hits for the big stars coming, the Clippers are going to be looking for value pricing in role players. Which may rule out extensions of $8.5 million deals.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18