Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
The Star-Ledger’s Colin Stephenson has the report:
Poor Keith Bogans. Nets say he has a complete tear of the deltoid ligament as well as a fractured left ankle.
Ouch. Just reading that is painful. Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and helped them attain the league’s best regular-season record with his combination of tough defense and solid spot-up shooting, but was waived by the Bulls on December 16th, two days after the team signed current starting shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
Bogans was signed by the Nets on February 1st — barely a week after the signing, the 31-year old Bogans is out for the season. Bogans appeared in five games for the Nets, and averaged 4.2 points per game on 38.1%/25.0%/40.0% shooting. Hopefully Bogans can make a full recovery and return to an NBA rotation next season.
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 38
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Another night, another Joakim Noah triple-double 13