Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
The Star-Ledger’s Colin Stephenson has the report:
Poor Keith Bogans. Nets say he has a complete tear of the deltoid ligament as well as a fractured left ankle.
Ouch. Just reading that is painful. Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and helped them attain the league’s best regular-season record with his combination of tough defense and solid spot-up shooting, but was waived by the Bulls on December 16th, two days after the team signed current starting shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
Bogans was signed by the Nets on February 1st — barely a week after the signing, the 31-year old Bogans is out for the season. Bogans appeared in five games for the Nets, and averaged 4.2 points per game on 38.1%/25.0%/40.0% shooting. Hopefully Bogans can make a full recovery and return to an NBA rotation next season.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13