Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
The Star-Ledger’s Colin Stephenson has the report:
Poor Keith Bogans. Nets say he has a complete tear of the deltoid ligament as well as a fractured left ankle.
Ouch. Just reading that is painful. Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and helped them attain the league’s best regular-season record with his combination of tough defense and solid spot-up shooting, but was waived by the Bulls on December 16th, two days after the team signed current starting shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
Bogans was signed by the Nets on February 1st — barely a week after the signing, the 31-year old Bogans is out for the season. Bogans appeared in five games for the Nets, and averaged 4.2 points per game on 38.1%/25.0%/40.0% shooting. Hopefully Bogans can make a full recovery and return to an NBA rotation next season.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34