Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
The Star-Ledger’s Colin Stephenson has the report:
Poor Keith Bogans. Nets say he has a complete tear of the deltoid ligament as well as a fractured left ankle.
Ouch. Just reading that is painful. Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and helped them attain the league’s best regular-season record with his combination of tough defense and solid spot-up shooting, but was waived by the Bulls on December 16th, two days after the team signed current starting shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
Bogans was signed by the Nets on February 1st — barely a week after the signing, the 31-year old Bogans is out for the season. Bogans appeared in five games for the Nets, and averaged 4.2 points per game on 38.1%/25.0%/40.0% shooting. Hopefully Bogans can make a full recovery and return to an NBA rotation next season.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 2
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5