Feb 9, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
The Star-Ledger’s Colin Stephenson has the report:
Poor Keith Bogans. Nets say he has a complete tear of the deltoid ligament as well as a fractured left ankle.
Ouch. Just reading that is painful. Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls last season and helped them attain the league’s best regular-season record with his combination of tough defense and solid spot-up shooting, but was waived by the Bulls on December 16th, two days after the team signed current starting shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
Bogans was signed by the Nets on February 1st — barely a week after the signing, the 31-year old Bogans is out for the season. Bogans appeared in five games for the Nets, and averaged 4.2 points per game on 38.1%/25.0%/40.0% shooting. Hopefully Bogans can make a full recovery and return to an NBA rotation next season.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18