Feb 9, 2012, 4:06 PM EST
Jeremy Lin has been living the life of an NBA nomad — a guy who went to camp with Golden State, was cut and ended up with Houston for a while, but he never saw the court there (they have Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic at the point already) so he was released.
Then he was picked up by the Knicks. Then sent to the D-League. And if you asked most people around the Knicks on Feb. 3 what was going to happen to him the answer would have been “let go.” It wasn’t exactly a stable existence.
Since coming to New York, Lin was sleeping on his brother’s couch, according to the New York Times Howard Beck.
So for the past six weeks, Lin, 23, has been sleeping in his brother Josh’s living room, waiting for clarity and career security.
“He has his own couch,” Josh Lin, a New York University dental student, said cheerfully.
Then came Linsanity — his explosion on the scene. In the last 48 hours, the Knicks picked up Lin’s contract for the rest of the season, paying him a pro-rated share of $800,000. Not a lot of money by NBA or Manhattan housing price standards, but he should be able to get his own place now. Right?
That’s not what Lin told the Rise Guys on 95.7 the Game in San Francisco (via Sports Radio Interviews).
“I’m not really sure. I don’t know if I want to shake things up just yet. I’m looking for a place.”
Don’t mess with the streak. Good advice straight from Crash Davis to Jeremy Lin.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 3
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)