Feb 9, 2012, 4:06 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has been living the life of an NBA nomad — a guy who went to camp with Golden State, was cut and ended up with Houston for a while, but he never saw the court there (they have Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic at the point already) so he was released.
Then he was picked up by the Knicks. Then sent to the D-League. And if you asked most people around the Knicks on Feb. 3 what was going to happen to him the answer would have been “let go.” It wasn’t exactly a stable existence.
Since coming to New York, Lin was sleeping on his brother’s couch, according to the New York Times Howard Beck.
So for the past six weeks, Lin, 23, has been sleeping in his brother Josh’s living room, waiting for clarity and career security.
“He has his own couch,” Josh Lin, a New York University dental student, said cheerfully.
Then came Linsanity — his explosion on the scene. In the last 48 hours, the Knicks picked up Lin’s contract for the rest of the season, paying him a pro-rated share of $800,000. Not a lot of money by NBA or Manhattan housing price standards, but he should be able to get his own place now. Right?
That’s not what Lin told the Rise Guys on 95.7 the Game in San Francisco (via Sports Radio Interviews).
“I’m not really sure. I don’t know if I want to shake things up just yet. I’m looking for a place.”
Don’t mess with the streak. Good advice straight from Crash Davis to Jeremy Lin.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31