Feb 8, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Larry Bird says he and Red Auerbach are about loyalty, which is why they never would have traded the big three (Bird, McHale, Parrish) like Danny Ainge has said they could and should have. (Ainge talks about how that time impacts what he will do with the coming changes to these Celtics.)
That is part of ESPN’s Sports Guy Bill Simmons podcast with Larry Bird.
Some businesses on the wrong side of the fence for the All-Star Weekend in Orlando don’t like the compensation the league is offering.
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson will be in Orlando during the All-Star festivities to talk to David Stern about the progress in Sacramento on a new arena. They may not like to hear this in Orange County, but the March 1 deadline for financing will be extended.
Kings rookie Isaiah Thomas is playing through a bone chip fracture in his left hand (non-shooting, but still).
An interesting Q&A with Mark Cuban where he talks about a lot of things, including the NBA. He doesn’t love the new CBA.
Next year I’m going to find out what bets Charles Barkley makes on the Super Bowl, then do the opposite.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6