Feb 8, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Larry Bird says he and Red Auerbach are about loyalty, which is why they never would have traded the big three (Bird, McHale, Parrish) like Danny Ainge has said they could and should have. (Ainge talks about how that time impacts what he will do with the coming changes to these Celtics.)
That is part of ESPN’s Sports Guy Bill Simmons podcast with Larry Bird.
Some businesses on the wrong side of the fence for the All-Star Weekend in Orlando don’t like the compensation the league is offering.
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson will be in Orlando during the All-Star festivities to talk to David Stern about the progress in Sacramento on a new arena. They may not like to hear this in Orange County, but the March 1 deadline for financing will be extended.
Kings rookie Isaiah Thomas is playing through a bone chip fracture in his left hand (non-shooting, but still).
An interesting Q&A with Mark Cuban where he talks about a lot of things, including the NBA. He doesn’t love the new CBA.
Next year I’m going to find out what bets Charles Barkley makes on the Super Bowl, then do the opposite.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9