Feb 8, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
Nike has officially released details on the All-Star lineup of shoes for its most high-profile athletes — Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, LeBron James — and the results are straight fire. From the official release:
“Nike Basketball is proud to unveil key colorways celebrating its pinnacle players competing in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando later this month. Taking inspiration from space exploration, the collection features a galactic theme on the LeBron 9, Nike Zoom KD IV and Nike Zoom Kobe VII System. Graphics pay homage to the supernova – arguably the most powerful force in the universe – while the outsoles glow in the dark and individual ‘mission patches’ adorn each shoe as a nod to the accolades astronauts receive.”
All three editions are fantastic, but the Nike Zoom KDIVs are likely going to be the most sought-after pair by anyone looking to add a truly unique set of kicks to their regular rotation.
Check out the detailed photos below and let us know which is your favorite in the comments. They all drop on Feb. 25 at Nikestore.com and at select retailers.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 1
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 8
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 32
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31