Feb 8, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
Nike has officially released details on the All-Star lineup of shoes for its most high-profile athletes — Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, LeBron James — and the results are straight fire. From the official release:
“Nike Basketball is proud to unveil key colorways celebrating its pinnacle players competing in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando later this month. Taking inspiration from space exploration, the collection features a galactic theme on the LeBron 9, Nike Zoom KD IV and Nike Zoom Kobe VII System. Graphics pay homage to the supernova – arguably the most powerful force in the universe – while the outsoles glow in the dark and individual ‘mission patches’ adorn each shoe as a nod to the accolades astronauts receive.”
All three editions are fantastic, but the Nike Zoom KDIVs are likely going to be the most sought-after pair by anyone looking to add a truly unique set of kicks to their regular rotation.
Check out the detailed photos below and let us know which is your favorite in the comments. They all drop on Feb. 25 at Nikestore.com and at select retailers.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30