Feb 8, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Nike has officially released details on the All-Star lineup of shoes for its most high-profile athletes — Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, LeBron James — and the results are straight fire. From the official release:
“Nike Basketball is proud to unveil key colorways celebrating its pinnacle players competing in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando later this month. Taking inspiration from space exploration, the collection features a galactic theme on the LeBron 9, Nike Zoom KD IV and Nike Zoom Kobe VII System. Graphics pay homage to the supernova – arguably the most powerful force in the universe – while the outsoles glow in the dark and individual ‘mission patches’ adorn each shoe as a nod to the accolades astronauts receive.”
All three editions are fantastic, but the Nike Zoom KDIVs are likely going to be the most sought-after pair by anyone looking to add a truly unique set of kicks to their regular rotation.
Check out the detailed photos below and let us know which is your favorite in the comments. They all drop on Feb. 25 at Nikestore.com and at select retailers.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32