Feb 8, 2012, 4:03 PM EST
Larry Bird is better at basketball than you. Probably still, but certainly at his peak.
But he thinks like a lot of you out there.
“If you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it’s Kobe. Not that LeBron’s not a winner, just that (Kobe’s) mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better,” Bird said.
Bird, about as competitive a guy who ever laced them up, said he would choose Kobe if he had to choose.
I think this kind of sums up the consensus now — it’s not that LeBron isn’t an amazing player, it’s his commitment to winning that is questioned. By everyone. Kobe’s is not, only his shot selection is questioned (including by Bird in the same podcast).
What I still wonder is how the perception of LeBron changes if the Heat win two of the next three titles?
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10