Feb 8, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
Will Ferrell — Ron Burgundy himself, Jackie Moon from “Semi Pro” — is a big deal, and he is in New Orleans filming a movie called “Dog Fight.” And he had agreed to do the player introductions for the Bulls visit to the Crescent City Wednesday, reports Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune on twitter.
Maybe what those intros needed was more cowbell.
“Everybody panic! Oh my God, there’s a bear loose in the coliseum! There will be no refunds! Your refund will be escaping this deathtrap with your life! If you have a small child, use it as a shield! They love the tender meat! Cover your sodas! Dewie loves sugar!”
This has a lot of potential. Frankly, it may well be better than the game itself.
What will really make my night? If he announces Marco Belinelli then says, “A whale’s vagina.” (If you just asked why, go rent “Anchorman,” right now.)
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0