Feb 8, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
Will Ferrell — Ron Burgundy himself, Jackie Moon from “Semi Pro” — is a big deal, and he is in New Orleans filming a movie called “Dog Fight.” And he had agreed to do the player introductions for the Bulls visit to the Crescent City Wednesday, reports Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune on twitter.
Maybe what those intros needed was more cowbell.
“Everybody panic! Oh my God, there’s a bear loose in the coliseum! There will be no refunds! Your refund will be escaping this deathtrap with your life! If you have a small child, use it as a shield! They love the tender meat! Cover your sodas! Dewie loves sugar!”
This has a lot of potential. Frankly, it may well be better than the game itself.
What will really make my night? If he announces Marco Belinelli then says, “A whale’s vagina.” (If you just asked why, go rent “Anchorman,” right now.)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)