I’m kind of a big deal: Will Ferrell to do player intros at Hornets/Bulls

Feb 8, 2012, 2:19 PM EST

Will Ferrell semi-pro

“I’m kinda a big deal. People know me.”

Will Ferrell — Ron Burgundy himself, Jackie Moon from “Semi Pro” — is a big deal, and he is in New Orleans filming a movie called “Dog Fight.” And he had agreed to do the player introductions for the Bulls visit to the Crescent City Wednesday, reports Teddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune on twitter.

Maybe what those intros needed was more cowbell.

Everybody panic! Oh my God, there’s a bear loose in the coliseum! There will be no refunds! Your refund will be escaping this deathtrap with your life! If you have a small child, use it as a shield! They love the tender meat! Cover your sodas! Dewie loves sugar!”

This has a lot of potential. Frankly, it may well be better than the game itself.

What will really make my night? If he announces Marco Belinelli then says, “A whale’s vagina.” (If you just asked why, go rent “Anchorman,” right now.)

1. dougmanoh - Feb 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

“Will Ferrell — Ron Burgundy himself, Jackie Moon from “Semi Pro” — is a big deal” –

so is Will Ferrell doing this, Ron Burgundy, or Jackie Moon? This was written so weird. I didn’t see the movie so I really have no idea who the author is telling me who is showing up or I might be able to figure it out.

• kopy - Feb 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

If it’s anything like this, it would be great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGo_t6W9pXk

2. bearsstillsuck - Feb 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

People still find him funny?

3. premiumpit - Feb 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Will ferrel for president!!!!lol

4. goforthanddie - Feb 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Slow news day?

5. southbeachtalent - Feb 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

“S my C.. I’ll murder your family!!” – Jackie Moon

6. jthammerstix - Feb 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Love me sexy

7. dsimp724 - Feb 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Go f*** yourself new orleans

8. glink123 - Feb 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Watched the intros. Lame, unfortunately.

9. charlutes - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Where the heck is the follow up story about everything he said?

android app users can’t hit the links in the stories and watch video on other sites. u gotta write this up for us bruh, jesum crepes!

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches