Feb 8, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Rose did not take part in shootaround Wednesday but did will warm up to see how he feels before the game.
Sam told NBC’s SportsTalk show yesterday he would not be surprised if the Bulls sit him for a couple games to rest the back (the video is below). But he adds this is a case of where Rose wants to play and not sit out but management may want to rest him because you don’t want this to linger.
Sam suggested Rose might be out until Sunday against the Celtics. This is the Hornets Wednesday, a team the Bulls should be able to knock off with or without Rose.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13