Feb 8, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Rose did not take part in shootaround Wednesday but did will warm up to see how he feels before the game.
Sam told NBC’s SportsTalk show yesterday he would not be surprised if the Bulls sit him for a couple games to rest the back (the video is below). But he adds this is a case of where Rose wants to play and not sit out but management may want to rest him because you don’t want this to linger.
Sam suggested Rose might be out until Sunday against the Celtics. This is the Hornets Wednesday, a team the Bulls should be able to knock off with or without Rose.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14