Feb 8, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Rose did not take part in shootaround Wednesday but did will warm up to see how he feels before the game.
Sam told NBC’s SportsTalk show yesterday he would not be surprised if the Bulls sit him for a couple games to rest the back (the video is below). But he adds this is a case of where Rose wants to play and not sit out but management may want to rest him because you don’t want this to linger.
Sam suggested Rose might be out until Sunday against the Celtics. This is the Hornets Wednesday, a team the Bulls should be able to knock off with or without Rose.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 7
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21