Feb 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
The Knicks will be shorthanded — or, if you prefer, the Jeremy Lin show will continue — through the weekend.
Amare Stoudemire will remain in Florida through the weekend and will rejoin the Knicks for practice next Monday, tweets Mark Berman of the New York Post. That would have him missing three games — the Wizards on Wednesday, Lakers on Friday and Timberwolves on Saturday.
Stoudemire is back home with family mourning the death of his brother in a car accident.
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 0
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 9
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6