Feb 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
The Knicks will be shorthanded — or, if you prefer, the Jeremy Lin show will continue — through the weekend.
Amare Stoudemire will remain in Florida through the weekend and will rejoin the Knicks for practice next Monday, tweets Mark Berman of the New York Post. That would have him missing three games — the Wizards on Wednesday, Lakers on Friday and Timberwolves on Saturday.
Stoudemire is back home with family mourning the death of his brother in a car accident.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4