Feb 7, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Baron Davis told the New York media his setback was tied to an elbow infection, which also triggered more back pain. He now says his elbow is fine now. New York, welcome to the world of Baron Davis.
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak talks trades (vaguely), the cut down day and all things Lakers.
The NBA has a big press conference in Houston tomorrow, where they will announce that city will host the 2013 All-Star Game (as had been rumored during lockout). No offense to Houston, but I was hoping for Brooklyn.
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov says he will sell the Nets if he wins his bid to become Russia’s president.
The mayor of Seattle has confirmed that the city is in talks to build a new arena there.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis wants his team to get respect for the officials. That is still not why the Wizards are losing. Go back to the JaVale McGee GIF above.
The Spurs have waived Malcolm Thomas.
Watch bmx rider Chad Kerley get punked by Kobe Bryant.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13