Feb 7, 2012, 11:14 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Baron Davis told the New York media his setback was tied to an elbow infection, which also triggered more back pain. He now says his elbow is fine now. New York, welcome to the world of Baron Davis.
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak talks trades (vaguely), the cut down day and all things Lakers.
The NBA has a big press conference in Houston tomorrow, where they will announce that city will host the 2013 All-Star Game (as had been rumored during lockout). No offense to Houston, but I was hoping for Brooklyn.
Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov says he will sell the Nets if he wins his bid to become Russia’s president.
The mayor of Seattle has confirmed that the city is in talks to build a new arena there.
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis wants his team to get respect for the officials. That is still not why the Wizards are losing. Go back to the JaVale McGee GIF above.
The Spurs have waived Malcolm Thomas.
Watch bmx rider Chad Kerley get punked by Kobe Bryant.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20