Feb 7, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
This is a blow to a Nuggets team that has been one of the best offenses in the league
Denver’s leading scorer Danilo Gallinari has gone down with a chip fracture in his ankle from when he rolled it in the third quarter of Denver’s loss to the Rockets Monday night.
A chip fracture, also known as an avulsion fracture, is when fragments of bone chip off the main bone because the ligament or tendon dethatched and pulled them off during the injury. Yes, it hurts. Treatment time depends on the size of the chip and other factors, they will know more after an CT scan on Tuesday, reports the Denver Post.
However, this is going to be in the ballpark of three weeks or a month, which is pretty common with this kind of injury.
Gallinari is averaging 17 points a game and if anyone was going to represent the Nuggets at the All-Star game it likely would have been him. Now that appears out. Gallo also brings good ball movement in the offense and solid defense to the table in Denver.
Denver has prided itself on a balanced offense and guys like Al Harrington are going to have to step up, but Gallinari’s steady shot is hard to replace.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23