Feb 7, 2012, 2:38 AM EDT
Already without Amar’e Stoudemire, who was away from the team following the unexpected death of his brother, the Knicks lost Carmelo Anthony on Monday night to injury.
Midway through the first quarter the Jazz turned the ball over and Anthony started running up court when he pulled up hobbled. A pass was thrown to him at the arc but he threw a lob to Tyson Chandler for a dunk then left the game not to return.
It is a strained groin, which will be re-evaluated on Tuesday, according to Howard Beck of the New York Times. But expect him to miss the Knicks next game Wednesday and maybe more after that.
Groin pulls take time to heal, and if you rush back they can get aggravated and linger. Anthony already has missed games this season and had to rest a sore wrist and ankle (and back and….). Apparently now all those body parts will get more rest.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 12
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 23
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 11
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26