Feb 7, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
The good news is that Carmelo Anthony‘s groin strain is not serious. The bad news is this is a slow injury to heal and it has to be fully healed or it is easy to re-aggravate.
The Knicks announced that Anthony will be out one-to-two weeks to heal the injury, reports Howard Beck of the New York Times. There will be no other tests run on him.
The injury happened halfway through the first quarter Monday night. The Jazz turned the ball over, the Knicks moved out in transition (they really push the ball again with Jeremy Lin in) and Anthony started running up court — then he pulled up hobbled. A pass was thrown to him at the arc but he threw a lob to Tyson Chandler for a dunk. Soon he was out of the game and did not return.
Amare Stoudemire is out for at least a game or two as well (if not more) following the unexpected death of his brother in Florida. The Knicks face the Wizards on Wednesday then Kobe Bryant and the Lakers make their annual appearance at Madison Square Garden on Friday.
This mean’s it’s Jeremy Lin’s team for a few games.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 10
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 38
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 70