Feb 6, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
Karl Malone and Jazz owner Greg Miller have been going at it. Malone said in an interview that Deron Williams got Jerry Sloan fired and management didn’t back their long-time bench leader. Malone also said had to buy a ticket to get into a Jazz game after Jerry Sloan’s retirement. Miller was on twitter saying Malone was lying and in a blog post said Malone was “high-maintenance,” “unreliable” and “unstable.”
Stay classy, Salt Lake City.
Now both John Stockton and David Stern have stepped forward calling for an end to the feud.
Stockton suggested to the Salt Lake Tribune the crazy step of the two sitting down and talking face-to-face like adults.
“I’ve certainly been in disputes with people as close to me as my brother,” Stockton said from his home in Spokane, Wash. “You get after it and say a lot of things. But I have never seen one [disagreement] that couldn’t be resolved by sitting down and talking to a person face to face. It has always worked for me.”
Stern told the Tribune he also thinks a face-to-face meeting is a good idea.
“I’m looking forward to the next meeting between Greg and Karl,” said Stern, during an exclusive, wide-ranging interview with The Salt Lake Tribune at the league office. “Not for the sparks that I expect will fly, but for the calming that I think will and should occur. Because [Malone’s] meant so much to the franchise and the city over the years and to the Miller family, and the Miller family has meant so much to the franchise and the city for so many years.”
Sometimes David Stern is right. This is one of them. Time for everyone to grow up and act like mature adults. And move on.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14