Feb 6, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
Karl Malone and Jazz owner Greg Miller have been going at it. Malone said in an interview that Deron Williams got Jerry Sloan fired and management didn’t back their long-time bench leader. Malone also said had to buy a ticket to get into a Jazz game after Jerry Sloan’s retirement. Miller was on twitter saying Malone was lying and in a blog post said Malone was “high-maintenance,” “unreliable” and “unstable.”
Stay classy, Salt Lake City.
Now both John Stockton and David Stern have stepped forward calling for an end to the feud.
Stockton suggested to the Salt Lake Tribune the crazy step of the two sitting down and talking face-to-face like adults.
“I’ve certainly been in disputes with people as close to me as my brother,” Stockton said from his home in Spokane, Wash. “You get after it and say a lot of things. But I have never seen one [disagreement] that couldn’t be resolved by sitting down and talking to a person face to face. It has always worked for me.”
Stern told the Tribune he also thinks a face-to-face meeting is a good idea.
“I’m looking forward to the next meeting between Greg and Karl,” said Stern, during an exclusive, wide-ranging interview with The Salt Lake Tribune at the league office. “Not for the sparks that I expect will fly, but for the calming that I think will and should occur. Because [Malone’s] meant so much to the franchise and the city over the years and to the Miller family, and the Miller family has meant so much to the franchise and the city for so many years.”
Sometimes David Stern is right. This is one of them. Time for everyone to grow up and act like mature adults. And move on.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49