Feb 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are out drinking wine and enjoying their annual Rodeo road trip, where bull riders kick the Spurs out of their building for a few weeks.
Ginobili, out since fracturing the fifth metacarpal in his left hand Jan. 2 in Minnesota, is on pace to return before the team comes home.
The original timetable of 6-8 weeks could put Ginobili back in the middle of the Spurs’ West Coast swing later this month, but there’s always a chance the 34-year-old guard could beat that prognosis.
But in the five games before he broke his hand, Ginobili was scoring 17.4 points a game on 59.3 percent shooting and was setting up teammates, getting the offense flowing. With him back the Spurs become a very good team (which they were last season when they won 61 games).
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14