Feb 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are out drinking wine and enjoying their annual Rodeo road trip, where bull riders kick the Spurs out of their building for a few weeks.
Ginobili, out since fracturing the fifth metacarpal in his left hand Jan. 2 in Minnesota, is on pace to return before the team comes home.
The original timetable of 6-8 weeks could put Ginobili back in the middle of the Spurs’ West Coast swing later this month, but there’s always a chance the 34-year-old guard could beat that prognosis.
But in the five games before he broke his hand, Ginobili was scoring 17.4 points a game on 59.3 percent shooting and was setting up teammates, getting the offense flowing. With him back the Spurs become a very good team (which they were last season when they won 61 games).
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18