Feb 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are out drinking wine and enjoying their annual Rodeo road trip, where bull riders kick the Spurs out of their building for a few weeks.
Ginobili, out since fracturing the fifth metacarpal in his left hand Jan. 2 in Minnesota, is on pace to return before the team comes home.
The original timetable of 6-8 weeks could put Ginobili back in the middle of the Spurs’ West Coast swing later this month, but there’s always a chance the 34-year-old guard could beat that prognosis.
But in the five games before he broke his hand, Ginobili was scoring 17.4 points a game on 59.3 percent shooting and was setting up teammates, getting the offense flowing. With him back the Spurs become a very good team (which they were last season when they won 61 games).
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18