Feb 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs are out drinking wine and enjoying their annual Rodeo road trip, where bull riders kick the Spurs out of their building for a few weeks.
Ginobili, out since fracturing the fifth metacarpal in his left hand Jan. 2 in Minnesota, is on pace to return before the team comes home.
The original timetable of 6-8 weeks could put Ginobili back in the middle of the Spurs’ West Coast swing later this month, but there’s always a chance the 34-year-old guard could beat that prognosis.
But in the five games before he broke his hand, Ginobili was scoring 17.4 points a game on 59.3 percent shooting and was setting up teammates, getting the offense flowing. With him back the Spurs become a very good team (which they were last season when they won 61 games).
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41