Feb 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are out drinking wine and enjoying their annual Rodeo road trip, where bull riders kick the Spurs out of their building for a few weeks.
Ginobili, out since fracturing the fifth metacarpal in his left hand Jan. 2 in Minnesota, is on pace to return before the team comes home.
The original timetable of 6-8 weeks could put Ginobili back in the middle of the Spurs’ West Coast swing later this month, but there’s always a chance the 34-year-old guard could beat that prognosis.
But in the five games before he broke his hand, Ginobili was scoring 17.4 points a game on 59.3 percent shooting and was setting up teammates, getting the offense flowing. With him back the Spurs become a very good team (which they were last season when they won 61 games).
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 60
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31