Feb 6, 2012, 6:44 PM EST
The Lakers and Knicks are starting to act like that balding guy with the shirt unbuttoned a little too far trying to hit on every girl in the bar as it gets closer to the 2 a.m. closing time. You can smell the desperation on them.
No deal is imminent with either team, but both clubs are in desperate need of a point guard and have Flynn on their radar.
I’m not sure the Lakers are going to offer anything better for Flynn, the guy Minnesota drafted right behind Ricky Rubio in the lottery for reasons nobody can explain. Houston can’t be too picky here if they want to get anything. Flynn is a guy playing behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic in Houston right now. A guy who last year in Minnesota was considered a dramatic drop-off behind Luke Ridnour.
Don’t expect anything to come of this, but we’re passing it along.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)