Feb 6, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
The Lakers and Knicks are starting to act like that balding guy with the shirt unbuttoned a little too far trying to hit on every girl in the bar as it gets closer to the 2 a.m. closing time. You can smell the desperation on them.
No deal is imminent with either team, but both clubs are in desperate need of a point guard and have Flynn on their radar.
I’m not sure the Lakers are going to offer anything better for Flynn, the guy Minnesota drafted right behind Ricky Rubio in the lottery for reasons nobody can explain. Houston can’t be too picky here if they want to get anything. Flynn is a guy playing behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic in Houston right now. A guy who last year in Minnesota was considered a dramatic drop-off behind Luke Ridnour.
Don’t expect anything to come of this, but we’re passing it along.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6