Feb 6, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
The Lakers and Knicks are starting to act like that balding guy with the shirt unbuttoned a little too far trying to hit on every girl in the bar as it gets closer to the 2 a.m. closing time. You can smell the desperation on them.
No deal is imminent with either team, but both clubs are in desperate need of a point guard and have Flynn on their radar.
I’m not sure the Lakers are going to offer anything better for Flynn, the guy Minnesota drafted right behind Ricky Rubio in the lottery for reasons nobody can explain. Houston can’t be too picky here if they want to get anything. Flynn is a guy playing behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic in Houston right now. A guy who last year in Minnesota was considered a dramatic drop-off behind Luke Ridnour.
Don’t expect anything to come of this, but we’re passing it along.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22