Feb 6, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
The Lakers and Knicks are starting to act like that balding guy with the shirt unbuttoned a little too far trying to hit on every girl in the bar as it gets closer to the 2 a.m. closing time. You can smell the desperation on them.
No deal is imminent with either team, but both clubs are in desperate need of a point guard and have Flynn on their radar.
I’m not sure the Lakers are going to offer anything better for Flynn, the guy Minnesota drafted right behind Ricky Rubio in the lottery for reasons nobody can explain. Houston can’t be too picky here if they want to get anything. Flynn is a guy playing behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic in Houston right now. A guy who last year in Minnesota was considered a dramatic drop-off behind Luke Ridnour.
Don’t expect anything to come of this, but we’re passing it along.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4