Feb 6, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
The Lakers and Knicks are starting to act like that balding guy with the shirt unbuttoned a little too far trying to hit on every girl in the bar as it gets closer to the 2 a.m. closing time. You can smell the desperation on them.
No deal is imminent with either team, but both clubs are in desperate need of a point guard and have Flynn on their radar.
I’m not sure the Lakers are going to offer anything better for Flynn, the guy Minnesota drafted right behind Ricky Rubio in the lottery for reasons nobody can explain. Houston can’t be too picky here if they want to get anything. Flynn is a guy playing behind Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic in Houston right now. A guy who last year in Minnesota was considered a dramatic drop-off behind Luke Ridnour.
Don’t expect anything to come of this, but we’re passing it along.
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 5
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 15
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 6
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 42
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 63
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 49
- Report: Cavaliers agree to trade with Nets, Celtics, clearing cap space for LeBron James 115