Feb 6, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Ramon Sessions is going to get traded before the deadline. We already know the Lakers are interested (although that is tied to the complex Dwight Howard trade situation), and there are a number of other teams that are interested in the point guard.
Teams were a little concerned because Sessions is a two-year commitment, but he may make that easier by opting out of the last year of his deal. The price for Sessions will be at least a first round pick, reports the News-Herald.
Guard Ramon Sessions is expected to opt out of his contract after this season. He’d be seeking a multiyear deal. He’s scheduled to earn $4.6 million next season.
That’s one reason you’ll hear Sessions’ name a lot in trade talks, as evidenced by recent rumors of the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks inquiring about his services. The Cavs want a first-round pick in exchange for Sessions.
They should get that and maybe a little more, if a bidding war starts. Sessions is a solid point guard, and there are a few teams that really need one of those right now.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?