Feb 6, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Stat of the day, courtesy Tim Reynolds of the AP: Since the Knicks last won a playoff game, the Giants have won eight.
Ice Cube is ticked at David Stern. It was not a good day.
Former NBA player Oliver Miller got a year in jail for pistol whipping someone.
The Pistons are looking to actually reduce the number of luxury boxes. The highest level of them at the Palace have been a tough sell so they may be converted into a restaurant, social media gathering sites, or a sports hall of fame (the decision on what has not been made).
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10