Feb 6, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Stat of the day, courtesy Tim Reynolds of the AP: Since the Knicks last won a playoff game, the Giants have won eight.
Ice Cube is ticked at David Stern. It was not a good day.
Former NBA player Oliver Miller got a year in jail for pistol whipping someone.
The Pistons are looking to actually reduce the number of luxury boxes. The highest level of them at the Palace have been a tough sell so they may be converted into a restaurant, social media gathering sites, or a sports hall of fame (the decision on what has not been made).
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4