Feb 6, 2012, 10:57 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Stat of the day, courtesy Tim Reynolds of the AP: Since the Knicks last won a playoff game, the Giants have won eight.
Ice Cube is ticked at David Stern. It was not a good day.
Former NBA player Oliver Miller got a year in jail for pistol whipping someone.
The Pistons are looking to actually reduce the number of luxury boxes. The highest level of them at the Palace have been a tough sell so they may be converted into a restaurant, social media gathering sites, or a sports hall of fame (the decision on what has not been made).
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 2
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 4
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 4
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 11
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (47)