Feb 6, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Stat of the day, courtesy Tim Reynolds of the AP: Since the Knicks last won a playoff game, the Giants have won eight.
Ice Cube is ticked at David Stern. It was not a good day.
Former NBA player Oliver Miller got a year in jail for pistol whipping someone.
The Pistons are looking to actually reduce the number of luxury boxes. The highest level of them at the Palace have been a tough sell so they may be converted into a restaurant, social media gathering sites, or a sports hall of fame (the decision on what has not been made).
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21