Feb 6, 2012, 10:57 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Stat of the day, courtesy Tim Reynolds of the AP: Since the Knicks last won a playoff game, the Giants have won eight.
Ice Cube is ticked at David Stern. It was not a good day.
Former NBA player Oliver Miller got a year in jail for pistol whipping someone.
The Pistons are looking to actually reduce the number of luxury boxes. The highest level of them at the Palace have been a tough sell so they may be converted into a restaurant, social media gathering sites, or a sports hall of fame (the decision on what has not been made).
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6