Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Lakers coach Mike Brown has been suspended for the Lakers game Monday in Philadelphia, plus fined $25,000, stemming from his ejection from the Lakers loss to the Jazz Saturday night, the league has announced.
Brown started arguing with referee Zach Zarba near the start of the fourth quarter when Pau Gasol was stripped of the ball and knocked to the floor but no foul was called. Brown didn’t let up after the first technical was called, bumped a referee — a huge no-no in the eyes of the league — and would not leave the court in a timely manner.
It didn’t work, either, the Lakers still lost the game.
If Brown is out, John Kuester (who was head coach of the Pistons last year) likely takes the big chair. Chuck Person and Quin Snyder also are on the staff.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32