Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Lakers coach Mike Brown has been suspended for the Lakers game Monday in Philadelphia, plus fined $25,000, stemming from his ejection from the Lakers loss to the Jazz Saturday night, the league has announced.
Brown started arguing with referee Zach Zarba near the start of the fourth quarter when Pau Gasol was stripped of the ball and knocked to the floor but no foul was called. Brown didn’t let up after the first technical was called, bumped a referee — a huge no-no in the eyes of the league — and would not leave the court in a timely manner.
It didn’t work, either, the Lakers still lost the game.
If Brown is out, John Kuester (who was head coach of the Pistons last year) likely takes the big chair. Chuck Person and Quin Snyder also are on the staff.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 4
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50