Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Lakers coach Mike Brown has been suspended for the Lakers game Monday in Philadelphia, plus fined $25,000, stemming from his ejection from the Lakers loss to the Jazz Saturday night, the league has announced.
Brown started arguing with referee Zach Zarba near the start of the fourth quarter when Pau Gasol was stripped of the ball and knocked to the floor but no foul was called. Brown didn’t let up after the first technical was called, bumped a referee — a huge no-no in the eyes of the league — and would not leave the court in a timely manner.
It didn’t work, either, the Lakers still lost the game.
If Brown is out, John Kuester (who was head coach of the Pistons last year) likely takes the big chair. Chuck Person and Quin Snyder also are on the staff.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15