Feb 6, 2012, 12:25 PM EDT
Lakers coach Mike Brown has been suspended for the Lakers game Monday in Philadelphia, plus fined $25,000, stemming from his ejection from the Lakers loss to the Jazz Saturday night, the league has announced.
Brown started arguing with referee Zach Zarba near the start of the fourth quarter when Pau Gasol was stripped of the ball and knocked to the floor but no foul was called. Brown didn’t let up after the first technical was called, bumped a referee — a huge no-no in the eyes of the league — and would not leave the court in a timely manner.
It didn’t work, either, the Lakers still lost the game.
If Brown is out, John Kuester (who was head coach of the Pistons last year) likely takes the big chair. Chuck Person and Quin Snyder also are on the staff.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80