Feb 6, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Baron Davis is no exactly a guy who has been battling injuries for years (and doesn’t have the best reputation on rehab efforts). Now he’s dealing with a bulging disc in his back, the kind of injury that can mean a slow recovery with setbacks in the best of situations.
So, maybe we shouldn’t be shocked that Davis had a setback and is not expected with the Knicks before the All-Star break, reports Al Iannazzone at Newsday.
Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had “a setback” in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely… D’Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he’s still “a week to 10 days out when the process restarts.”
Davis has been in on the non-contact parts of some practices with the team but clearly is a ways away from playing.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6