Feb 6, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Baron Davis is no exactly a guy who has been battling injuries for years (and doesn’t have the best reputation on rehab efforts). Now he’s dealing with a bulging disc in his back, the kind of injury that can mean a slow recovery with setbacks in the best of situations.
So, maybe we shouldn’t be shocked that Davis had a setback and is not expected with the Knicks before the All-Star break, reports Al Iannazzone at Newsday.
Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had “a setback” in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely… D’Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he’s still “a week to 10 days out when the process restarts.”
Davis has been in on the non-contact parts of some practices with the team but clearly is a ways away from playing.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger