Feb 6, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Baron Davis is no exactly a guy who has been battling injuries for years (and doesn’t have the best reputation on rehab efforts). Now he’s dealing with a bulging disc in his back, the kind of injury that can mean a slow recovery with setbacks in the best of situations.
So, maybe we shouldn’t be shocked that Davis had a setback and is not expected with the Knicks before the All-Star break, reports Al Iannazzone at Newsday.
Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had “a setback” in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely… D’Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he’s still “a week to 10 days out when the process restarts.”
Davis has been in on the non-contact parts of some practices with the team but clearly is a ways away from playing.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29