Feb 6, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Baron Davis is no exactly a guy who has been battling injuries for years (and doesn’t have the best reputation on rehab efforts). Now he’s dealing with a bulging disc in his back, the kind of injury that can mean a slow recovery with setbacks in the best of situations.
So, maybe we shouldn’t be shocked that Davis had a setback and is not expected with the Knicks before the All-Star break, reports Al Iannazzone at Newsday.
Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had “a setback” in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely… D’Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he’s still “a week to 10 days out when the process restarts.”
Davis has been in on the non-contact parts of some practices with the team but clearly is a ways away from playing.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13