Feb 6, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Baron Davis is no exactly a guy who has been battling injuries for years (and doesn’t have the best reputation on rehab efforts). Now he’s dealing with a bulging disc in his back, the kind of injury that can mean a slow recovery with setbacks in the best of situations.
So, maybe we shouldn’t be shocked that Davis had a setback and is not expected with the Knicks before the All-Star break, reports Al Iannazzone at Newsday.
Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had “a setback” in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely… D’Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he’s still “a week to 10 days out when the process restarts.”
Davis has been in on the non-contact parts of some practices with the team but clearly is a ways away from playing.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20