Feb 6, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
In a season with few bright spots in New Orleans, Carl Landry has been something solid off the bench for them.
I’d say this would be a blow to the Hornets, but it’s not like they can get much worse. Landry was averaging 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in a sixth man role. This will open up some minutes along the front line that could go to the recently returned Chris Kaman.
If Landry can come back and look modestly healthy before the March 15 trade deadline, look for there to be interest in him. He signed a one-year, $9 million with the Hornets once the lockout ended.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 0
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 41
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59