Feb 6, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
In a season with few bright spots in New Orleans, Carl Landry has been something solid off the bench for them.
I’d say this would be a blow to the Hornets, but it’s not like they can get much worse. Landry was averaging 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in a sixth man role. This will open up some minutes along the front line that could go to the recently returned Chris Kaman.
If Landry can come back and look modestly healthy before the March 15 trade deadline, look for there to be interest in him. He signed a one-year, $9 million with the Hornets once the lockout ended.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13