Feb 6, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
In a season with few bright spots in New Orleans, Carl Landry has been something solid off the bench for them.
I’d say this would be a blow to the Hornets, but it’s not like they can get much worse. Landry was averaging 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in a sixth man role. This will open up some minutes along the front line that could go to the recently returned Chris Kaman.
If Landry can come back and look modestly healthy before the March 15 trade deadline, look for there to be interest in him. He signed a one-year, $9 million with the Hornets once the lockout ended.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 4
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20