Feb 6, 2012, 12:26 AM EDT
In a season with few bright spots in New Orleans, Carl Landry has been something solid off the bench for them.
I’d say this would be a blow to the Hornets, but it’s not like they can get much worse. Landry was averaging 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in a sixth man role. This will open up some minutes along the front line that could go to the recently returned Chris Kaman.
If Landry can come back and look modestly healthy before the March 15 trade deadline, look for there to be interest in him. He signed a one-year, $9 million with the Hornets once the lockout ended.
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 1
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 55
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 62
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 21
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30