Feb 6, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
After sitting out two games in a team suspension, Glen Davis is supposed to sit down and meet with Orlando GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy Monday and likely will be reinstated to play against the Clippers Monday night. So reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Davis sat out games Friday and Saturday after getting into a heated argument with Van Gundy at shootaround Friday.
Davis’ play has been erratic this season — at times he’s been the physical force off the bench the Magic hoped he’d be, at other times he’s floated around on the perimeter and settled for jump shots. He’s averaging 7.3 points and five rebounds a game so far, shooting just 36.5 percent (well off the 44.8 percent he shot in Boston last season). His PER of 7.9 is well below his career average. There also have been reports of him arguing with fans at shootaround and being frustrated with his role in Orlando.
We’ll see what, if any, impact the suspension has on his focus.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 3
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 15
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 4
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23