Feb 6, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
After sitting out two games in a team suspension, Glen Davis is supposed to sit down and meet with Orlando GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy Monday and likely will be reinstated to play against the Clippers Monday night. So reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Davis sat out games Friday and Saturday after getting into a heated argument with Van Gundy at shootaround Friday.
Davis’ play has been erratic this season — at times he’s been the physical force off the bench the Magic hoped he’d be, at other times he’s floated around on the perimeter and settled for jump shots. He’s averaging 7.3 points and five rebounds a game so far, shooting just 36.5 percent (well off the 44.8 percent he shot in Boston last season). His PER of 7.9 is well below his career average. There also have been reports of him arguing with fans at shootaround and being frustrated with his role in Orlando.
We’ll see what, if any, impact the suspension has on his focus.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61