Feb 6, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
After sitting out two games in a team suspension, Glen Davis is supposed to sit down and meet with Orlando GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy Monday and likely will be reinstated to play against the Clippers Monday night. So reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
Davis sat out games Friday and Saturday after getting into a heated argument with Van Gundy at shootaround Friday.
Davis’ play has been erratic this season — at times he’s been the physical force off the bench the Magic hoped he’d be, at other times he’s floated around on the perimeter and settled for jump shots. He’s averaging 7.3 points and five rebounds a game so far, shooting just 36.5 percent (well off the 44.8 percent he shot in Boston last season). His PER of 7.9 is well below his career average. There also have been reports of him arguing with fans at shootaround and being frustrated with his role in Orlando.
We’ll see what, if any, impact the suspension has on his focus.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19