Feb 6, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
“Averaging whatever, 15, 16 points, I don’t think you should be an All-Star,” Nowitzki said. “But we’ll just have to wait and see. I think there is a lot of great young talent in this league that deserves to go. I think LaMarcus Aldridge has been stiff the last couple of years. He’s a great young player, fun to watch. You know Blake and Love are playing great. There is a lot of talent at my position.”
I left Nowitzki off my picks. To me you get three or four forwards, and Love and Aldridge should be locks. I felt Gallinari had to get in representing Denver and their fantastic season. I left it there, but I would still put Millsap ahead of Nowitzki based on the first half of this season. Clearly if you are taking last season into account Nowitzki is in for sure… but should last season be counted. I’m not on board there.
Whatever choices the coaches make, there are going to be some good and deserving people left off.
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 0
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 55
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 25
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 14
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 45
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 72
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 52