Feb 6, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
“Averaging whatever, 15, 16 points, I don’t think you should be an All-Star,” Nowitzki said. “But we’ll just have to wait and see. I think there is a lot of great young talent in this league that deserves to go. I think LaMarcus Aldridge has been stiff the last couple of years. He’s a great young player, fun to watch. You know Blake and Love are playing great. There is a lot of talent at my position.”
I left Nowitzki off my picks. To me you get three or four forwards, and Love and Aldridge should be locks. I felt Gallinari had to get in representing Denver and their fantastic season. I left it there, but I would still put Millsap ahead of Nowitzki based on the first half of this season. Clearly if you are taking last season into account Nowitzki is in for sure… but should last season be counted. I’m not on board there.
Whatever choices the coaches make, there are going to be some good and deserving people left off.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2