Feb 6, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
“Averaging whatever, 15, 16 points, I don’t think you should be an All-Star,” Nowitzki said. “But we’ll just have to wait and see. I think there is a lot of great young talent in this league that deserves to go. I think LaMarcus Aldridge has been stiff the last couple of years. He’s a great young player, fun to watch. You know Blake and Love are playing great. There is a lot of talent at my position.”
I left Nowitzki off my picks. To me you get three or four forwards, and Love and Aldridge should be locks. I felt Gallinari had to get in representing Denver and their fantastic season. I left it there, but I would still put Millsap ahead of Nowitzki based on the first half of this season. Clearly if you are taking last season into account Nowitzki is in for sure… but should last season be counted. I’m not on board there.
Whatever choices the coaches make, there are going to be some good and deserving people left off.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17