Feb 6, 2012, 11:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:33 pm: After the game, Rose told our man Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com that it’s not that serious and that he is day-to-day.
“Right now, I feel all right. Just back spasms, nothing to worry about. [Tuesday] we have a day off, get treatment, get a massage and hopefully I’ll be playing next game,” Rose said afterwards. “It was tight the whole game. It’s just something where I’ve got to get a massage and stretched the right way, and hopefully it’ll be gone.
“I can’t remember when it happened. I was tight a couple of games ago, but tonight was pretty tough and intense,” he continued. “For right now, I’ll be playing next game. It’s nothing like I’m going to be sitting out. I always want to think positive, just try to keep things going our way.”
May not have been the best idea ever. As you can see in the video above, his back seized up and he left the game with just a few minutes left in the first half. He did not return in the second half, but the Bulls didn’t need him so they didn’t push it.
No word yet on the severity, although he walked off so it may not be that bad. Then again, backs are tricky and the Bulls may want to be cautious here. We’ll have the details when there is more information, as will CSNChicago.com.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 6
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 24
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31