Feb 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is going to make the All-Star team. The coaches (who choose the reserves) will put him on the squad, no question. He’s one of the best forwards in the game and deserves to be in Orlando at the end of the month for the big showcase.
But you the fans didn’t vote him in. The forwards in the East were LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Bosh actually finished fifth in the voting also behind Kevin Garnett and Amare Stoudemire. Even though Bosh scores more points, is shooting at a higher percentage and is overall playing better this season than KG and STAT. Frankly, Bosh is playing better than ‘Melo, too, and of all people Charles Barkley came to his defense during the All-Star starters announcement show on TNT.
Bosh has helped win the USA a gold medal and is on the NBA’s biggest draw, but he’s not worried about the fan reaction, he told Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m not a popular guy, I guess,” he said matter-of-factly of the fan vote for All-Star starters. “I don’t think I am. I don’t appeal to the popular crowd.”
“I don’t know,” he said. “That’s a good question. And you know, it doesn’t really matter to me. I just try to be the best player I can be.”
He’s always seemed a third wheel with the Heat’s power two, just a really good third wheel to have on the court. A guy who provides a balance to Dwyane Wade and LeBron James slashing style. A guy who can be a matchup nightmare.
But he’s not as flamboyant off the court, he’s sort of quiet and doesn’t go around saying things that make headlines. He’s not winning the popularity contest.
But he’s still the second best forward in the East.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3