Feb 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
Chris Bosh is going to make the All-Star team. The coaches (who choose the reserves) will put him on the squad, no question. He’s one of the best forwards in the game and deserves to be in Orlando at the end of the month for the big showcase.
But you the fans didn’t vote him in. The forwards in the East were LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Bosh actually finished fifth in the voting also behind Kevin Garnett and Amare Stoudemire. Even though Bosh scores more points, is shooting at a higher percentage and is overall playing better this season than KG and STAT. Frankly, Bosh is playing better than ‘Melo, too, and of all people Charles Barkley came to his defense during the All-Star starters announcement show on TNT.
Bosh has helped win the USA a gold medal and is on the NBA’s biggest draw, but he’s not worried about the fan reaction, he told Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m not a popular guy, I guess,” he said matter-of-factly of the fan vote for All-Star starters. “I don’t think I am. I don’t appeal to the popular crowd.”
“I don’t know,” he said. “That’s a good question. And you know, it doesn’t really matter to me. I just try to be the best player I can be.”
He’s always seemed a third wheel with the Heat’s power two, just a really good third wheel to have on the court. A guy who provides a balance to Dwyane Wade and LeBron James slashing style. A guy who can be a matchup nightmare.
But he’s not as flamboyant off the court, he’s sort of quiet and doesn’t go around saying things that make headlines. He’s not winning the popularity contest.
But he’s still the second best forward in the East.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45