Feb 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is going to make the All-Star team. The coaches (who choose the reserves) will put him on the squad, no question. He’s one of the best forwards in the game and deserves to be in Orlando at the end of the month for the big showcase.
But you the fans didn’t vote him in. The forwards in the East were LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Bosh actually finished fifth in the voting also behind Kevin Garnett and Amare Stoudemire. Even though Bosh scores more points, is shooting at a higher percentage and is overall playing better this season than KG and STAT. Frankly, Bosh is playing better than ‘Melo, too, and of all people Charles Barkley came to his defense during the All-Star starters announcement show on TNT.
Bosh has helped win the USA a gold medal and is on the NBA’s biggest draw, but he’s not worried about the fan reaction, he told Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m not a popular guy, I guess,” he said matter-of-factly of the fan vote for All-Star starters. “I don’t think I am. I don’t appeal to the popular crowd.”
“I don’t know,” he said. “That’s a good question. And you know, it doesn’t really matter to me. I just try to be the best player I can be.”
He’s always seemed a third wheel with the Heat’s power two, just a really good third wheel to have on the court. A guy who provides a balance to Dwyane Wade and LeBron James slashing style. A guy who can be a matchup nightmare.
But he’s not as flamboyant off the court, he’s sort of quiet and doesn’t go around saying things that make headlines. He’s not winning the popularity contest.
But he’s still the second best forward in the East.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2