Feb 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is going to make the All-Star team. The coaches (who choose the reserves) will put him on the squad, no question. He’s one of the best forwards in the game and deserves to be in Orlando at the end of the month for the big showcase.
But you the fans didn’t vote him in. The forwards in the East were LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Bosh actually finished fifth in the voting also behind Kevin Garnett and Amare Stoudemire. Even though Bosh scores more points, is shooting at a higher percentage and is overall playing better this season than KG and STAT. Frankly, Bosh is playing better than ‘Melo, too, and of all people Charles Barkley came to his defense during the All-Star starters announcement show on TNT.
Bosh has helped win the USA a gold medal and is on the NBA’s biggest draw, but he’s not worried about the fan reaction, he told Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m not a popular guy, I guess,” he said matter-of-factly of the fan vote for All-Star starters. “I don’t think I am. I don’t appeal to the popular crowd.”
“I don’t know,” he said. “That’s a good question. And you know, it doesn’t really matter to me. I just try to be the best player I can be.”
He’s always seemed a third wheel with the Heat’s power two, just a really good third wheel to have on the court. A guy who provides a balance to Dwyane Wade and LeBron James slashing style. A guy who can be a matchup nightmare.
But he’s not as flamboyant off the court, he’s sort of quiet and doesn’t go around saying things that make headlines. He’s not winning the popularity contest.
But he’s still the second best forward in the East.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23