Feb 6, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
Just sad, terrible news out of Florida for the Knicks’ Amar’e Stodemire.
His brother Hazell has been killed in a car crash in Florida, reports TMZ. There as of now are not a lot of details about the incident.
The accident happened on Route 27 in Lake Wales. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Stoudemire was driving at a “high rate of speed” when he collided with the rear of a tractor trailer. He died on the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 35-year old Stoudemire was not wearing a seat belt when he smashed into the big rig.
Expect that Amare will be taking some time away from the Knicks to deal with this situation.
Our thoughts are with the Stoudemire family at this time. We extend our condolences on your loss.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 0
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13