Feb 6, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
Just sad, terrible news out of Florida for the Knicks’ Amar’e Stodemire.
His brother Hazell has been killed in a car crash in Florida, reports TMZ. There as of now are not a lot of details about the incident.
The accident happened on Route 27 in Lake Wales. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Stoudemire was driving at a “high rate of speed” when he collided with the rear of a tractor trailer. He died on the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 35-year old Stoudemire was not wearing a seat belt when he smashed into the big rig.
Expect that Amare will be taking some time away from the Knicks to deal with this situation.
Our thoughts are with the Stoudemire family at this time. We extend our condolences on your loss.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46