Feb 6, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
Just sad, terrible news out of Florida for the Knicks’ Amar’e Stodemire.
His brother Hazell has been killed in a car crash in Florida, reports TMZ. There as of now are not a lot of details about the incident.
The accident happened on Route 27 in Lake Wales. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Stoudemire was driving at a “high rate of speed” when he collided with the rear of a tractor trailer. He died on the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 35-year old Stoudemire was not wearing a seat belt when he smashed into the big rig.
Expect that Amare will be taking some time away from the Knicks to deal with this situation.
Our thoughts are with the Stoudemire family at this time. We extend our condolences on your loss.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42