Feb 6, 2012, 10:17 AM EDT
Just sad, terrible news out of Florida for the Knicks’ Amar’e Stodemire.
His brother Hazell has been killed in a car crash in Florida, reports TMZ. There as of now are not a lot of details about the incident.
The accident happened on Route 27 in Lake Wales. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Stoudemire was driving at a “high rate of speed” when he collided with the rear of a tractor trailer. He died on the scene.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 35-year old Stoudemire was not wearing a seat belt when he smashed into the big rig.
Expect that Amare will be taking some time away from the Knicks to deal with this situation.
Our thoughts are with the Stoudemire family at this time. We extend our condolences on your loss.
- PBT Extra: What does Kevin Love’s injury mean for his summer plans? 0
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 30
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25