Kevin Garnett doesn’t want you to question his three ball

Feb 5, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT

Kevin Garnett AP

For three straight games, Kevin Garnett has knocked down a three point shot. Like he’s Ray Allen or something.

He’s always had a midrange shot but the deep ball is not his game, he’s no stretch four. But he’s gotten a little Brian Scalabrine in him the last week. Not that you should ask him about it. Like someone did after the Celtics win over the Grizzlies Sunday — KG listened to the question then went on a little rant.

Here it is, as transcribed on twitter by Jessica Camerato of CSNNE.com.

Listen, I can shoot threes. Cut this, alright? Because I don’t want any more questions about this. I can shoot threes. You all are acting like I’m 50 and I’m out here on one leg.

When I walk around the streets, you all can stop acting like you’re shocked that I can shoot threes. Everybody in Boston, everybody in the world, everybody in Minnesota, LA, wherever I’m at, Concord, Lexington, Burlington. I can shoot threes. Let that go. I can shoot threes.

Look, do not get all like, ‘Shoot a threes!’ I don’t want that. Like, you know how they used to do to Scal? ‘Shoot!’ No, do not do that to me, ok? I’m not on the Celtics to be out here shooting threes. I am here to do other things, not shoot threes. But I can shoot threes.

Have you got that Lexington? Get off the man’s back. And don’t start calling him ‘Sheed II. Because that’s not funny. Okay, it kind of is, but he doesn’t like it. So stop.

1. kfiz14 - Feb 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM

He is a giant douche.

• Kansachusetts - Feb 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

You sir, are an insignificant douche, kfiz14, for insulting the great K.G.
      This was a well-done post, Kurt Helin, thank you.
      K.G. is obviously tongue-in-cheek about this stuff, and playing his tough guy role. I love it.

2. mikeewright7 - Feb 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM

#Celtics Fan I wonder when Bozo gone comment???
    you know he is Anit-Celtics lol
    Bozo im waiting………………………………..Celtics are getting that swagger back!

• bozosforall - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Keep on dreaming, idiot Boston chump. The Celtics SUCK…just like the Red Sox do…and the loser Pats. Get ready for a huge power outage in New England in the very near future.

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

hey clown, youre a f&*king idiot. You are always wrong. Give up.

3. keyshawn22 - Feb 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Love KG what an animal.

Bozo when you going to start hating?

Celtics have won 8 out of their last 9. Now that Pierce looks healthy we are a threat again. Just get in the playoffs and the Celtics can beat anyone. Just got Rondo back. KG is showing hes still great.

• bozosforall - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM

The Celtics haven’t played anybody. Three of their wins are versus the Wizards. Big effing deal.

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM

did you copy and paste that stupid ass comment from 3 weeks ago? clown….

4. mannyfresh209 - Feb 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Celtics are done. Lol

• mikeewright7 - Feb 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Celtics are done?
      hmmm let me guess your either Miami Heat or LA Lakers or maybe OKC
      You cant be “down talking” a team when your team has a % under.500
      unless your team is over .500 you and your comment will get ignored lbvs

#SpareNoPity

• mytthor - Feb 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Um, actually, anybody can give their opinion on anything they want.

#DoesntMeanAnything

5. lemfax - Feb 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM

End of big 3. Start of lucky 3…

6. drewdatwit84 - Feb 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Oh K.G., u trifling overly-emotional numb-numb, when will u and other athletes learn? “The more you guys demand that we don’t do something, the more we’re gonna KEEP ON DOING IT!” lol

7. mnsadsportsfan - Feb 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

ok then i will question his constant running mouth. KG shut up u pu$$

8. jjordannba - Feb 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM

He could always hit the 3, he did it more often in Minnesota

• mytthor - Feb 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

28.9% while he was in Minnesota. Not exactly Glen Rice.

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

he barely shot the 3, so that % is a small sample. Some guys do develop that shot later in their career. McHale did the same thing.

9. keyshawn22 - Feb 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM

dont worry about it KG, let them haters hate, just show them that title ring, that mvp trophy and that defensive player of the year award!!! Celtics aint dead yet people, better hope we dont crash that playoff party because its gonna be tough to take us down!

• bozosforall - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM

The ONE AND DONE ring? Cuz that’s all that the “Little Three” are getting.

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

dude, just stop. You are digging a hole of stupidity that you wont be able to get out of. They won in 08, lost in the Confernce finals w/out KG, in 7 games, then lost the finals in 7. Last year, yup, Miami worked them over, but dont try to pretend that they havent been feared and dominant since the 1st game of 2007. Clown.

10. bighurc89 - Feb 6, 2012 at 12:17 AM

As a Minnesota fan, there was pretty much nobody I wanted more on that team taking a last second 3 than KG. He may have missed a couple big shots lately, but typically when you need it the most from him, he’ll hit it.

• bozosforall - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Dude couldn’t EVERY really carry a team. He will always be the second banana.

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM

he can carry a team on defense, but, and this truly pains me to say, the clown is right. KG is the LAST guy I want shooting at the end of games. He sucks on offense at the end of games, and this is coming from one of his biggest fans.

• bozosforall - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Dude couldn’t EVER really carry a team. He will always be the second banana.

11. zaktmt - Feb 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM

KG could hit the 3 when necessary in Minny. I remember a game on his birthday where basically knocked down a ton of shots including a few threes. The guy lives to prove the people who doubt him wrong. And that is a pretty respectful trait. Though he can get a bit carried away.

12. gmsingh - Feb 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I don’t know anything about his ability to shoot 3s, but if he isn’t the ugliest man in the NBA who is?

• giselleisasucubus - Feb 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Joakim Noah

13. rooney24 - Feb 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Garnett did a pretty good job of hiding his real personality for most of his time in Minnesota. But, toward the end, and based on behind the scenes stuff that came out later, his inner d-bag started to show. Badgering management in Minnesota to sign his buddies to big money deals. Crying when he doesn’t get his way. Being the highest paid player in the league, and whining about the team not getting a different player to take the 4th quarter pressure shots. Acting like a d-bag once he got on a better team. I used to be a big fan of his, but have pretty much zero respect for him now.

I know, now someone will act all internet-tuff and say “KG doesn’t want your respect, loser!!”, and probably put it in caps to show how angry they are. That’s fine. But, if we are letting our opinions be known, mine is that I think he should just take his piles of cash and fade away, like his skills are doing.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches