Feb 4, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Knicks blog Posting and Toasting shared this Knicks video, another in a series called kid reporters. The Knicks haven’t made it embeddable, which is a shame, because it’s pretty much amazing all the way through. So go click that link and come back.
I want to call your attention to the part where they discuss what the different players are afraid of. Because Carmelo Anthony, NBA All-Star, who appeared in a video called “Stop Snitchin’,” who faces down game winning situations like they’re nothing, says he’s afraid of cats. Yes. Cats. Posting and Toasting had some thoughts on the situation:
- But yo, I really want to know why Melo’s scared of cats (and specifically “alley cats”). I, like Jaylah, was baffled to hear that. Did he have a bad experience with a cat? Cats are creepy and gross, but I haven’t met too many people who are genuinely frightened by them.
Cats are definitely creepy. I think we can all agree on that, even if you like them. They just kind of stare at you. They’re largely emotionless beyond angry, frustrated, or smug. They consider themselves superior to humans and every other entity. (I own a cat, for what it’s worth, though it was a tag-along when I got married). But scary?
Does LaLa Vasquez own a cat? She owns dogs, I found out.
I know, this is the stupidest blog post you’ve ever read, and you read a lot of blogs. I just love the idea of an opposing team holding up giant cat heads behind the basket, or an entire arena wearing cat masks during a big game against the Knicks.
See because first Melo was all:
And then he was like:
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 3
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44