Feb 4, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
Kevin Love doesn’t have a reputation as a dirty player, but that may change a bit depending on how you view the play above from Saturday night’s game between the Timberwolves and the Rockets.
After a frustrating offensive trip for Love on the previous possession, and after Luis Scola turns it over and hits the deck, Love steps on Scola pretty forcefully before he heads back down to the other end of the court.
In real time, it looked to be intentional. Upon viewing the replays, it’s a little less clear. But Love did appear to look down and see exactly where Scola was before taking that unfortunate step.
If the league reviews it and determines that Love’s actions were intentional, a fine and suspension are likely on the horizon.
- Report: Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice 0
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 1
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 3
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 9
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 55
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3