Feb 3, 2012, 2:40 PM EST
It is officially a game-time decision, but it looks like the Boston Celtics will get Rajon Rondo back in the lineup for their game against the Knicks Friday night.
Here is the report from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Rondo, who has missed the last eight games with a right wrist injury, was an active participant in the team’s morning shootaround. Earlier this week, coach Doc Rivers said tonight’s game was a likely target date for the two-time all-star to return to action.
Rondo missed the last six games but the Celtics went 6-2 in that stretch, with Paul Pierce stepping up and taking on more of a playmaking role. They also were fortunate to have a soft spot in the schedule where only three of those games were against teams over .500 and two of those were against the collapsing Orlando Magic.
Rondo had averaged 15 points ad 9.4 assists per game. He rejoins an 11-10 Celtics team that is currently the seven seed in the East — and needs to win games such as against the Knicks (8-14, 10 seed) to maintain that standing.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 9
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 15
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)