Feb 3, 2012, 12:24 PM EST
The New Orleans Hornets are still looking for the best offer they can get for center Chris Kaman (which the team has sidelined until he is moved). The Houston Rockets were considered the frontrunner as they have been desperate for a big man since the lockout ended.
But another name has entered the mix, reports the Times Picayune.
A league source said Wednesday night that the Indiana Pacers, one of several other teams reportedly in the mix for Kaman, could, in fact, be the leading candidate for a swap. The Pacers apparently are looking for a backup to Roy Hibbert.
Cleveland, Golden State and San Antonio also reportedly have expressed interest in Kaman…
The Hornets are not in a rush here, plus any trade has to go up the ladder and be approved by David Stern. If you don’t think what he did to the Lakers/Chris Paul trade has other teams hesitant, you kid yourself.
Also, this could be a leverage move with the Hornets leaking this to try and get more out of Houston.
In the end, it all depends on what the teams can and are willing to give back in terms of picks and young players. Kaman is a solid center, but are you really going to give up anything of value going forward for a nice center? No. So how much are the Hornets willing to hold out for?
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 3
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 4
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 11
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)