Feb 3, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are still looking for the best offer they can get for center Chris Kaman (which the team has sidelined until he is moved). The Houston Rockets were considered the frontrunner as they have been desperate for a big man since the lockout ended.
But another name has entered the mix, reports the Times Picayune.
A league source said Wednesday night that the Indiana Pacers, one of several other teams reportedly in the mix for Kaman, could, in fact, be the leading candidate for a swap. The Pacers apparently are looking for a backup to Roy Hibbert.
Cleveland, Golden State and San Antonio also reportedly have expressed interest in Kaman…
The Hornets are not in a rush here, plus any trade has to go up the ladder and be approved by David Stern. If you don’t think what he did to the Lakers/Chris Paul trade has other teams hesitant, you kid yourself.
Also, this could be a leverage move with the Hornets leaking this to try and get more out of Houston.
In the end, it all depends on what the teams can and are willing to give back in terms of picks and young players. Kaman is a solid center, but are you really going to give up anything of value going forward for a nice center? No. So how much are the Hornets willing to hold out for?
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 8
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 36
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10