Orlando Magic suspend Glen Davis two games after outburst

Feb 3, 2012, 5:45 PM EDT

Tyler Hansbrough, Glen Davis AP

Big Baby is not feeling the Magic.

The Orlando backup big man has been suspended for two games by the team after an outburst during shootaround, tweets Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.

No word on what exactly the entire incident was about, or if he dropped his shorts.

He will be out for Friday against the Cavaliers and Saturday against the Pacers. He has proved to be no Brandon Bass, averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds a game this season, but providing plenty of antics.

While this may not be directly tied to the Dwight Howard trade cloud that looms over the franchise, it has been a weird year for the Magic and everything seems to come back to Dwight.

1. urodaddy07 - Feb 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Bad idea to trade Bass

2. bozosforall - Feb 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

They should have never traded for that former Celtic idiot.

• mikeewright7 - Feb 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hmmmmm Should I????? nope Bozo, ima let you have this one, Celtics certainly came on top with this trade!

#Celtics Fan

FYI I cant stand Bozo and im going to comment off his every anit-Celtics post

• zeedoubleyou - Feb 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM

As a Heat fan, I’m going to miss seeing that ballstopper Big Baby come into the game to jack up 18 footers early in the shot clock.

Bass for Big Baby. Does Otis Smith really not understand why Dwight Howard wants out?

• 00maltliquor - Feb 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I love when bozo post, it’s all good babyyy! Keep doing you, don’t let that mikeewright guy get in your head my friend! Keep ‘em zingers coming! LOL

• mikeewright7 - Feb 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^,Oh this is just great, I must of upset Bozo’s mom, now’s she’s on here defending him

• 00maltliquor - Feb 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM

@ mikeewright

That was a good one, gave me a nice laugh

Celtics suck

3. bradyisbetterthanrodgers - Feb 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

don’t even bother with bozo. he clearly knows nothing about sports

4. hoytdadd64 - Feb 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Let’s see, Brandon Bass 2011-12 season so far, ppg 12, reb 6, fg% 48.6, Glen Davis 2011-12 season so far ppg 7, reb 5, fg% 36.5, according to the numbers it looks like Bozo might know a little something about sports. I would take 48% shooting and 12 ppg over 36% shooting and 7 ppg. It’s just me and maybe I don’t know anything about sports either, but I was never really impressed with the man that has the nickname of Big Babby.I think Boston made out real good in that deal.

FG%

48.6

5. AlohaMrHand - Feb 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I blame Dwight Howard just like the article sort of suggests

6. Author - Feb 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM

What the greatness is going on there in Central Florida? Everything is mysterious, it feels like we are watching a thriller…

7. alldonesmith - Feb 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM

what a big baby.

8. ezwriter69 - Feb 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Big. Baby. Has there ever been a more nickname? Big. Baby.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches