Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
You knew this was coming the second it happened.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $35,000 by the league for kicking a ball into the stands Wednesday night against Oklahoma City.
Carlisle says he was just trying to pass the ball back to the referee. Probably. There also probably was some frustration with his team’s play in there, too. But this wasn’t a malicious act — Carlisle apologizes to the person where the ball landed (nowhere near the referee, he’s not good at soccer) and later to the Mavericks and everyone after the game.
You knew a fine was coming from the league. Now it’s done and we all move on.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 1
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 12
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70