Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
You knew this was coming the second it happened.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $35,000 by the league for kicking a ball into the stands Wednesday night against Oklahoma City.
Carlisle says he was just trying to pass the ball back to the referee. Probably. There also probably was some frustration with his team’s play in there, too. But this wasn’t a malicious act — Carlisle apologizes to the person where the ball landed (nowhere near the referee, he’s not good at soccer) and later to the Mavericks and everyone after the game.
You knew a fine was coming from the league. Now it’s done and we all move on.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 0
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 71
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8