Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EST
You knew this was coming the second it happened.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $35,000 by the league for kicking a ball into the stands Wednesday night against Oklahoma City.
Carlisle says he was just trying to pass the ball back to the referee. Probably. There also probably was some frustration with his team’s play in there, too. But this wasn’t a malicious act — Carlisle apologizes to the person where the ball landed (nowhere near the referee, he’s not good at soccer) and later to the Mavericks and everyone after the game.
You knew a fine was coming from the league. Now it’s done and we all move on.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1