Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
You knew this was coming the second it happened.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $35,000 by the league for kicking a ball into the stands Wednesday night against Oklahoma City.
Carlisle says he was just trying to pass the ball back to the referee. Probably. There also probably was some frustration with his team’s play in there, too. But this wasn’t a malicious act — Carlisle apologizes to the person where the ball landed (nowhere near the referee, he’s not good at soccer) and later to the Mavericks and everyone after the game.
You knew a fine was coming from the league. Now it’s done and we all move on.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9