Feb 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
You knew this was coming the second it happened.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $35,000 by the league for kicking a ball into the stands Wednesday night against Oklahoma City.
Carlisle says he was just trying to pass the ball back to the referee. Probably. There also probably was some frustration with his team’s play in there, too. But this wasn’t a malicious act — Carlisle apologizes to the person where the ball landed (nowhere near the referee, he’s not good at soccer) and later to the Mavericks and everyone after the game.
You knew a fine was coming from the league. Now it’s done and we all move on.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22