Feb 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clearly Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not play a lot of soccer growing up. Use the inside of your foot to get control, don’t kick off the toe. They teach you that day one of pee-wee soccer camp. Carlisle can work with Dirk Nowitzki on this.
Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands during the Mavericks loss to Oklahoma City Wednesday night. He got a technical for it, and as it was his second he was done for the night. I believe Carlisle when he says it wasn’t malicious, but you get a T for that no matter what.
“The incident where the ball got kicked into the stands, that can’t happen. My intent was not to kick it into the stands. I was trying to kick it to the referee, but I’m not a very good kick. … That’s a regrettable situation.”
Carlisle apologized to owner Mark Cuban and Mavericks fans.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10