Feb 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clearly Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not play a lot of soccer growing up. Use the inside of your foot to get control, don’t kick off the toe. They teach you that day one of pee-wee soccer camp. Carlisle can work with Dirk Nowitzki on this.
Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands during the Mavericks loss to Oklahoma City Wednesday night. He got a technical for it, and as it was his second he was done for the night. I believe Carlisle when he says it wasn’t malicious, but you get a T for that no matter what.
“The incident where the ball got kicked into the stands, that can’t happen. My intent was not to kick it into the stands. I was trying to kick it to the referee, but I’m not a very good kick. … That’s a regrettable situation.”
Carlisle apologized to owner Mark Cuban and Mavericks fans.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 3
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1