Feb 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clearly Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not play a lot of soccer growing up. Use the inside of your foot to get control, don’t kick off the toe. They teach you that day one of pee-wee soccer camp. Carlisle can work with Dirk Nowitzki on this.
Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands during the Mavericks loss to Oklahoma City Wednesday night. He got a technical for it, and as it was his second he was done for the night. I believe Carlisle when he says it wasn’t malicious, but you get a T for that no matter what.
“The incident where the ball got kicked into the stands, that can’t happen. My intent was not to kick it into the stands. I was trying to kick it to the referee, but I’m not a very good kick. … That’s a regrettable situation.”
Carlisle apologized to owner Mark Cuban and Mavericks fans.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 0
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 34
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1