Feb 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clearly Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not play a lot of soccer growing up. Use the inside of your foot to get control, don’t kick off the toe. They teach you that day one of pee-wee soccer camp. Carlisle can work with Dirk Nowitzki on this.
Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands during the Mavericks loss to Oklahoma City Wednesday night. He got a technical for it, and as it was his second he was done for the night. I believe Carlisle when he says it wasn’t malicious, but you get a T for that no matter what.
“The incident where the ball got kicked into the stands, that can’t happen. My intent was not to kick it into the stands. I was trying to kick it to the referee, but I’m not a very good kick. … That’s a regrettable situation.”
Carlisle apologized to owner Mark Cuban and Mavericks fans.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13