Feb 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clearly Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not play a lot of soccer growing up. Use the inside of your foot to get control, don’t kick off the toe. They teach you that day one of pee-wee soccer camp. Carlisle can work with Dirk Nowitzki on this.
Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands during the Mavericks loss to Oklahoma City Wednesday night. He got a technical for it, and as it was his second he was done for the night. I believe Carlisle when he says it wasn’t malicious, but you get a T for that no matter what.
“The incident where the ball got kicked into the stands, that can’t happen. My intent was not to kick it into the stands. I was trying to kick it to the referee, but I’m not a very good kick. … That’s a regrettable situation.”
Carlisle apologized to owner Mark Cuban and Mavericks fans.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 18
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 93
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17