Feb 2, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
The Heat certainly could use some help, some depth along the front line. No offense to Eddy Curry, but he turns out not to be the answer.
The Heat have offered contracts to both Joel Przybilla and Kenyon Martin, their agents told ESPN.com. Przybilla is expected to make a choice between the Chicago Bulls and Heat, according to agent Bill Duffy. Martin is interested in several teams, with the Heat in the mix, according to agent Andy Miller…
Heat president Pat Riley has been recruiting both players as the Heat look to add depth to their frontcourt.
If you are going to have someone recruiting, Pat Riley is a good choice. That said, it may be hard for the Heat to land either man.
Both Martin and Przybilla both could make their decisions by this weekend. Martin cannot join a team until the team he was with in the Chinese Basketball Association ends its season (the date depends on playoff elimination).
What Martin says he wants is steady run on a team that is a contender. The Heat already have Bosh starting at the four and bring in Udonis Haslem off the bench at that position. They also play LeBron James at the four at times and occasionally use Joel Anthony there. How many minutes do they have to give Martin at the four?
As we told you Wednesday, there are a number of teams in the Kenyon Martin mix — the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs Hawks and Knicks are the other suitors. Every one of those teams could use Martin and his 8.6 points shooting 51 percent and 6.2 rebounds he averaged per game last season. At age 34 he is not a dominant force anymore but is a quality big.
Przybilla is rumored to be leaning toward the Bulls, but the Heat certainly could use his size to match up with teams in the playoffs.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12