Feb 2, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
The Heat certainly could use some help, some depth along the front line. No offense to Eddy Curry, but he turns out not to be the answer.
The Heat have offered contracts to both Joel Przybilla and Kenyon Martin, their agents told ESPN.com. Przybilla is expected to make a choice between the Chicago Bulls and Heat, according to agent Bill Duffy. Martin is interested in several teams, with the Heat in the mix, according to agent Andy Miller…
Heat president Pat Riley has been recruiting both players as the Heat look to add depth to their frontcourt.
If you are going to have someone recruiting, Pat Riley is a good choice. That said, it may be hard for the Heat to land either man.
Both Martin and Przybilla both could make their decisions by this weekend. Martin cannot join a team until the team he was with in the Chinese Basketball Association ends its season (the date depends on playoff elimination).
What Martin says he wants is steady run on a team that is a contender. The Heat already have Bosh starting at the four and bring in Udonis Haslem off the bench at that position. They also play LeBron James at the four at times and occasionally use Joel Anthony there. How many minutes do they have to give Martin at the four?
As we told you Wednesday, there are a number of teams in the Kenyon Martin mix — the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs Hawks and Knicks are the other suitors. Every one of those teams could use Martin and his 8.6 points shooting 51 percent and 6.2 rebounds he averaged per game last season. At age 34 he is not a dominant force anymore but is a quality big.
Przybilla is rumored to be leaning toward the Bulls, but the Heat certainly could use his size to match up with teams in the playoffs.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 7
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6