Feb 2, 2012, 1:00 AM EDT
The Heat certainly could use some help, some depth along the front line. No offense to Eddy Curry, but he turns out not to be the answer.
The Heat have offered contracts to both Joel Przybilla and Kenyon Martin, their agents told ESPN.com. Przybilla is expected to make a choice between the Chicago Bulls and Heat, according to agent Bill Duffy. Martin is interested in several teams, with the Heat in the mix, according to agent Andy Miller…
Heat president Pat Riley has been recruiting both players as the Heat look to add depth to their frontcourt.
If you are going to have someone recruiting, Pat Riley is a good choice. That said, it may be hard for the Heat to land either man.
Both Martin and Przybilla both could make their decisions by this weekend. Martin cannot join a team until the team he was with in the Chinese Basketball Association ends its season (the date depends on playoff elimination).
What Martin says he wants is steady run on a team that is a contender. The Heat already have Bosh starting at the four and bring in Udonis Haslem off the bench at that position. They also play LeBron James at the four at times and occasionally use Joel Anthony there. How many minutes do they have to give Martin at the four?
As we told you Wednesday, there are a number of teams in the Kenyon Martin mix — the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs Hawks and Knicks are the other suitors. Every one of those teams could use Martin and his 8.6 points shooting 51 percent and 6.2 rebounds he averaged per game last season. At age 34 he is not a dominant force anymore but is a quality big.
Przybilla is rumored to be leaning toward the Bulls, but the Heat certainly could use his size to match up with teams in the playoffs.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 6
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34