Feb 2, 2012, 12:05 PM EST
The starters for the 2012 NBA All-Star game will be announced Thursday night on TNT, and now, thanks to today’s release from adidas, we know what they’ll be wearing on the court on Feb.26. Some highlights:
“The 2012 NBA All-Star uniforms were designed by adidas and inspired by the 20th anniversary of the memorable 1992 NBA All-Star game which was also held in Orlando. Inspired by the Sunshine State and the fun atmosphere of NBA All-Star weekend, adidas NBA All-Star basketball shoes feature bright orange coloring to pay homage to Orlando’s Orange County and the state’s famous oranges.
“The All-Star jerseys feature oversized East and West All-Star block lettering that was inspired by 1992 jerseys. The jackets and jerseys feature dip-dyed hardwood heather pattern inspired by the floor of the Orlando Arena where the game was held. The tonal blue and red, and three stripes silver and gold accent coloring on the jerseys and short sides will make the uniforms stand out on court. The woven NBA All-Star shorts are inspired by board shorts and also feature a sublimated mesh pattern for high performance and breathability.”
These are some of the nicest uniforms in recent memory, with excellent detail. Check out the additional photos below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 11
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 20
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 19
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1