Feb 2, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
The starters for the 2012 NBA All-Star game will be announced Thursday night on TNT, and now, thanks to today’s release from adidas, we know what they’ll be wearing on the court on Feb.26. Some highlights:
“The 2012 NBA All-Star uniforms were designed by adidas and inspired by the 20th anniversary of the memorable 1992 NBA All-Star game which was also held in Orlando. Inspired by the Sunshine State and the fun atmosphere of NBA All-Star weekend, adidas NBA All-Star basketball shoes feature bright orange coloring to pay homage to Orlando’s Orange County and the state’s famous oranges.
“The All-Star jerseys feature oversized East and West All-Star block lettering that was inspired by 1992 jerseys. The jackets and jerseys feature dip-dyed hardwood heather pattern inspired by the floor of the Orlando Arena where the game was held. The tonal blue and red, and three stripes silver and gold accent coloring on the jerseys and short sides will make the uniforms stand out on court. The woven NBA All-Star shorts are inspired by board shorts and also feature a sublimated mesh pattern for high performance and breathability.”
These are some of the nicest uniforms in recent memory, with excellent detail. Check out the additional photos below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18