Feb 2, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki was 2-of-15 from the field Wednesday as Dallas lost to Oklahoma City. I rewatched all his shots from the game on Thursday morning, and what’s disturbing is these are by and large good looks. Particularly by Nowitzki’s standards (open threes, turnarounds from the elbow). This was not an isolated off night, Nowitzki is shooting 43 percent this season (down from 51.7 last season) and he is hitting 17 percent of his threes. He’s not rebounding as well. Basically, his whole game is off.
Which is why he had four games off last week, to rest a sore knee and work on conditioning. The knee is not the problem any more, but he still is not right.
The plan now is to keep his routine and try to get a rhythm back, he told the Star-Tribune.
“I’ve just got to keep on working, come in at night like what I always do,” Nowitzki said. “I lift on off days and get my shots up and just keep on working, and keep working in the right direction.
“I think it’s going to come eventually. I can’t tell you how long it’s going to take, but eventually it’s going to come back.”
Dallas hopes so. Without him they are not going very far this season.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17