Feb 2, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
He’s not going to do it… probably.
LeBron James is one of the more powerful dunkers in the league but he’s never don the Dunk Contest All-Star Weekend. He obviously could get in whenever he wants, but he had an injured ankle a couple years and was too cool for school some years. Three years ago he said he would do it, then kind of let the issue drop and backed out.
So, what about this year? Here is the quote, via the Palm Beach Post.
“I have thought about it before and a few times in the past I kind of had an ankle injury that kind of kept me out of it and a couple of times I was just like, ‘You know what, I’m going to go in here and rest my legs for this weekend and then get back to the regular season,” James said. “But, I mean, they say a lot of the greats have done it and I’ve watched it over the years….
“I don’t know, I’ll be on the fence every year about it,” James said. “It’s always a fence year for me. I know they’re getting tired of me, though, so I’m not even going to start up nothing.”
He’s going to choose rest again this year, just watch. But the temptation is still out there.
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 0
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 66
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 47
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 50
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 61