Feb 2, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
He’s not going to do it… probably.
LeBron James is one of the more powerful dunkers in the league but he’s never don the Dunk Contest All-Star Weekend. He obviously could get in whenever he wants, but he had an injured ankle a couple years and was too cool for school some years. Three years ago he said he would do it, then kind of let the issue drop and backed out.
So, what about this year? Here is the quote, via the Palm Beach Post.
“I have thought about it before and a few times in the past I kind of had an ankle injury that kind of kept me out of it and a couple of times I was just like, ‘You know what, I’m going to go in here and rest my legs for this weekend and then get back to the regular season,” James said. “But, I mean, they say a lot of the greats have done it and I’ve watched it over the years….
“I don’t know, I’ll be on the fence every year about it,” James said. “It’s always a fence year for me. I know they’re getting tired of me, though, so I’m not even going to start up nothing.”
He’s going to choose rest again this year, just watch. But the temptation is still out there.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36