Video: This kind of thing why Deron Williams may leave Nets

Feb 1, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT

If you were ever wondering why Deron Williams is thinking, “Hey, maybe I’d rather play in Dallas/New York/Anywhere but Brooklyn next year” this is your answer in simple video form. He does everything you could ask, the result is still ugly. The Nets are not good, not good at all.

Hat tip to The Basketball Jones and Eight Points Nine Seconds (in a brilliantly titled post called “Why Deron Williams hates his job”).

1. mlblogsbig3bosox - Feb 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I saw good defense…

• hoytdadd64 - Feb 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

It’s a good defensive practice to let a man slip wide open right under the basket? Really? I must be teaching my son the WRONG way to play basketball then!!!

2. hoytdadd64 - Feb 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM

That could of been an alley-oop to Bynum or Kobe or McRambis for that matter!!!!!

• b7p19 - Feb 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

HAHAHA, McRambis! First time i’ve heard that, well done.

• ravenscaps48 - Feb 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hahahahaha

3. dondada10 - Feb 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

“This kind of thing why Deron Williams may leave Nets.”

You can’t have a sentence without a verb. I love HardballTalk, PFT is what it is, but does anybody recommend any other comprehensive basketball news sites?

• boondocksaint224 - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Yes, the sentence is missing a word, but for YOUR future reference, “leave” is a verb.

Now go find someplace else to complain about sentence structure.

• cosanostra71 - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:16 PM

this is a blog, not a comprehensive basketball news site.

• goforthanddie - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Actually, you can have a sentence w/o a verb.
      Examples: Who’s wrong here? YOU. Are you wrong? YES. Are you qualified to be a grammar Nazi? HELL NO.

• boondocksaint224 - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but your 1st, 3rd and 5th sentences do have verbs (is/are), and your 2nd, 4th and 6th sentences aren’t proper sentences, but rather sentence fragments.

Hijack concluded, please continue discussing basketball.

• rooney24 - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I LOVE it when someone wants to talk all smart and then shows just how smart they are (or are not).

• okcallday - Feb 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM

“is” and “are” are both verbs. you are hilariously tragic.

• africanballer - Feb 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

LOL you guys are killing me

• slowclyde86 - Feb 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I weep for our schools.

4. nola4eva - Feb 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Why does every player want to leave their team just because they may be losing??? I miss the days when players stuck to their teams WIN OR LOSE…You play to win the game, I know this, but you can’t expect to win them all b/c everyone on your team does not play with the same motivation and passion as you do..LEAD by example..go out there and play hard every night despite the record..you may be surprised by the other players you may be inspiring! How it works in life is how it works on the court.

• hoytdadd64 - Feb 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

When where the days when players stuck to their teams? Oh yeah, maybe you mean before free agency when owners got to decide where you went to play next!! But they still traded players, right? Not many players in the NBA played their whole career with one team. And your comment, LEAD by example, you can lead a horse to water but if the horse doesn’t have the tools to drink not much more you can do. If I worked at a job where everyone else is under performing while I’m busting my tail, I’d want to look for a diffrent job. And if I’m doing all I can night in and night out and butter fingers can’t pick up their end of the stick, I woul look for someone who could. I’m not doing the work of two to three guys just to be a team player while your slacking off. How it works in life IS how it works on the court. So sir, please get off your high horse and lead it to some common sense.

5. AlohaMrHand - Feb 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

But he gets to play with Kris Humphries!Doesnt that count for anything?

• spree8 - Feb 2, 2012 at 5:32 AM

only if he’s invited for a threesome every now and then

• pl4tinum514 - Feb 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Kris Humphries is a douchebag. I’d rather play with my nuts

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches