Feb 1, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
I like to think that if Scarlett Johansson just hung out with me and got to know me — to really experience my sparkling personality and deep blue eyes — I’d have a real shot at her.
Along those same lines, Tyson Chandler thinks if things break the right way, the New York Knicks could still win the NBA title. Yes, this year.
Here is what the Knicks big man told ESPNNewYork.com.
“In all honestly, I still feel like this is a team that can win a championship. I feel like we definitely have the pieces,” Chandler said on Monday. “I feel like we haven’t come together yet. It’s a process … I feel like guys are going to have to step up and play roles that they are not necessarily used to. We get everybody back healthy, we get everybody on the floor at one time, then we’ll see what we got.”
The Knicks do need to get everyone healthy, that would help, although every team is battling heath issues this season.
But even if Baron Davis comes in and is 2007 playoffs Baron Davis (Warriors upset the Mavericks, remember?) and Carmelo Anthony is healthy and Iman Shumpert starts playing with the wisdom of a 10-year veteran, you think they’re better than the Heat or Bulls? No.
The problem is the second thing — because of this roster the Knicks players are being asked to do things that are outside their comfort zone, that they are not particularly strong at. Last season, did the Mavericks ask their role players to play to their weaknesses or their strengths? Exactly.
I think Tyson has a better shot at Scarlett. Not as good a shot as I have, though.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45