Feb 1, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
I like to think that if Scarlett Johansson just hung out with me and got to know me — to really experience my sparkling personality and deep blue eyes — I’d have a real shot at her.
Along those same lines, Tyson Chandler thinks if things break the right way, the New York Knicks could still win the NBA title. Yes, this year.
Here is what the Knicks big man told ESPNNewYork.com.
“In all honestly, I still feel like this is a team that can win a championship. I feel like we definitely have the pieces,” Chandler said on Monday. “I feel like we haven’t come together yet. It’s a process … I feel like guys are going to have to step up and play roles that they are not necessarily used to. We get everybody back healthy, we get everybody on the floor at one time, then we’ll see what we got.”
The Knicks do need to get everyone healthy, that would help, although every team is battling heath issues this season.
But even if Baron Davis comes in and is 2007 playoffs Baron Davis (Warriors upset the Mavericks, remember?) and Carmelo Anthony is healthy and Iman Shumpert starts playing with the wisdom of a 10-year veteran, you think they’re better than the Heat or Bulls? No.
The problem is the second thing — because of this roster the Knicks players are being asked to do things that are outside their comfort zone, that they are not particularly strong at. Last season, did the Mavericks ask their role players to play to their weaknesses or their strengths? Exactly.
I think Tyson has a better shot at Scarlett. Not as good a shot as I have, though.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 23
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 56
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11