Feb 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
You can add the Clippers to the list of teams people are tuning in to watch.
The NBA sent out notes to say that ratings are up. So again, what lockout? NBA TV has broadcast 34 games this season and ratings are way up — 74 percent over last year on total views, 78 percent on households watching. It’s too early to draw broad conclusions, but it doesn’t appear so far that the lockout has caused big damage to the popularity of the league. You are still watching.
But the other thing that leapt off the page is that you love watching the Clippers. NBA TV’s three most watched broadcasts this year — all three in the top five all time in viewership for the network — involve the Clippers. They are:
• Lakers at Clippers, 756,000 viewers (1/14/12, Regular Season)
• Bulls at Clippers, 722,000 viewers (12/30/11, Regular Season)
• Clippers at Lakers, 686,000 viewers (1/25/12, Regular Season)
You have good taste. Yes, the Lakers and Bulls are the opponents, but all three being Clippers games is not a coincidence. The Clippers are both good and entertaining. Not many teams I would rather watch. My suggestion is to also check out a Timberwolves game, that is the other team right now that is fun to watch every night.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona