Feb 1, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Thursday night, the starters for that All-Star Game will be announced and in the East Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade will get that nod (from the fans, you all voted on this). But Rondo is third in the voting and will almost certainly be selected by the coaches to be on the squad.
But he may not play. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com talked with Rondo about it.
“If they (coaches) select me and I don’t play until Feb. 22 or games before that, there’s no way I’m playing in the All-Star Game,” Rondo told CSNNE.com prior to missing his seventh straight game.
There is no date for Rondo’s return, although the early end of the scale seems to be this Friday. More likely it will be a little longer than that as he said he hasn’t even dribbled a ball in weeks, but it could be in time to get a few games in before the All-Star break.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20