Feb 1, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Thursday night, the starters for that All-Star Game will be announced and in the East Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade will get that nod (from the fans, you all voted on this). But Rondo is third in the voting and will almost certainly be selected by the coaches to be on the squad.
But he may not play. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com talked with Rondo about it.
“If they (coaches) select me and I don’t play until Feb. 22 or games before that, there’s no way I’m playing in the All-Star Game,” Rondo told CSNNE.com prior to missing his seventh straight game.
There is no date for Rondo’s return, although the early end of the scale seems to be this Friday. More likely it will be a little longer than that as he said he hasn’t even dribbled a ball in weeks, but it could be in time to get a few games in before the All-Star break.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10