Feb 1, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Thursday night, the starters for that All-Star Game will be announced and in the East Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade will get that nod (from the fans, you all voted on this). But Rondo is third in the voting and will almost certainly be selected by the coaches to be on the squad.
But he may not play. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com talked with Rondo about it.
“If they (coaches) select me and I don’t play until Feb. 22 or games before that, there’s no way I’m playing in the All-Star Game,” Rondo told CSNNE.com prior to missing his seventh straight game.
There is no date for Rondo’s return, although the early end of the scale seems to be this Friday. More likely it will be a little longer than that as he said he hasn’t even dribbled a ball in weeks, but it could be in time to get a few games in before the All-Star break.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17