Feb 1, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Thursday night, the starters for that All-Star Game will be announced and in the East Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade will get that nod (from the fans, you all voted on this). But Rondo is third in the voting and will almost certainly be selected by the coaches to be on the squad.
But he may not play. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com talked with Rondo about it.
“If they (coaches) select me and I don’t play until Feb. 22 or games before that, there’s no way I’m playing in the All-Star Game,” Rondo told CSNNE.com prior to missing his seventh straight game.
There is no date for Rondo’s return, although the early end of the scale seems to be this Friday. More likely it will be a little longer than that as he said he hasn’t even dribbled a ball in weeks, but it could be in time to get a few games in before the All-Star break.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13