Feb 1, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Thursday night, the starters for that All-Star Game will be announced and in the East Derrick Rose and Dwayne Wade will get that nod (from the fans, you all voted on this). But Rondo is third in the voting and will almost certainly be selected by the coaches to be on the squad.
But he may not play. A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com talked with Rondo about it.
“If they (coaches) select me and I don’t play until Feb. 22 or games before that, there’s no way I’m playing in the All-Star Game,” Rondo told CSNNE.com prior to missing his seventh straight game.
There is no date for Rondo’s return, although the early end of the scale seems to be this Friday. More likely it will be a little longer than that as he said he hasn’t even dribbled a ball in weeks, but it could be in time to get a few games in before the All-Star break.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5