Feb 1, 2012, 10:46 AM EST
Fun little note from Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
If the Lakers don’t sign Kenyon Martin, they could have interest in adding Rasheed Wallace, who contacted the team several weeks ago, a league source said. Wallace retired after the 2009-10 season, but has told friends he’s interested in returning to the NBA.
We told you before ‘Sheed wants to make an NBA comeback. The Lakers are potential contenders (although they have not played like it) who need some depth along the front line. We last saw Wallace with the Celtics two seasons ago (he was their best player in a Game 7 loss to the Lakers in the 2010 NBA finals), he can play physical inside but has shooting range to the arc. When he walked away from the game at age 35 he was still a serviceable big man, but is he still? There will be questions about his conditioning and commitment.
Lakers coach Mike Brown confirmed yesterday that the Lakers have reached out and talked to a lot of players as they take a look at roster upgrades. (That includes Gilbert Arenas, by the way.) ‘Sheed might well be on that list, too.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8