Feb 1, 2012, 9:07 AM EDT
There are no Chicago Bulls on the list. No Los Angeles Clippers, no Boston Celtics or Golden State Warriors.
Magic General Manager Otis Smith told the Orlando Sentinel that Howard’s camp has not indicated to the Magic that the superstar center has expanded his list of preferred trade destinations beyond his original three teams: the New Jersey Nets, the Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks.
Sure, Howard and Derrick Rose have a little mutual admiration society going. Doesn’t matter. If Howard would not agree to sign a long-term deal with the Bulls they are not about to trade away all the assets needed to acquire the best center in the game. (They might not anyway, the Bulls are contenders now and if they give up too much they could take a step back even with Howard on the roster.)
There is a Howard trade rumor void because the Magic are not looking to move him right now, they are trying to convince him to stay. Which seemed a lot easier a couple of weeks ago when the Magic were playing well. But Orlando has lost four in a row and is playing without energy or execution. Normally this is where a team leader like Howard steps up and holds teammates accountable, but is anyone going to listen to a guy with one foot out the door?
Howard can opt out of his contract at the end of the season and become an unrestricted free agent.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 1
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony in Game 6 (VIDEO) 10
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Sharks beat Kings, trim LA's series lead
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay