Feb 1, 2012, 10:08 AM EST
In a few weeks, the Chinese Basketball Association season will come to an end and a few quality free agents — Kenyon Martin, Wilson Chandler and J.R. Smith — will alter the balance of power in the NBA.
Martin (who left his team and is stateside but cannot sign until the season ends over there) has narrowed down his list, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Kenyon Martin is expected to decide by this weekend which NBA team he’ll join, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks and New York Knicks have expressed interest in signing the veteran forward.
Basically a lot of teams that fancy themselves contenders. And the Knicks. By the end of the week Martin will have met with six of those squads. He wants to be on a team where he gets consistent run and a team that has a shot at a ring.
Martin comes in and instantly adds quality front line depth — he averaged 8.6 points shooting 51 percent plus grabbed 6.2 rebounds per game last season. At age 34 he is not a dominant force anymore but is a quality big you can bring in off the bench — and every team on that list could use him. And becomes a lot better with him.
Martin lives and is currently working out in Los Angeles.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8