Feb 1, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Kevin Durant was not very talkative after his Thunder squad got their heads handed to them by the Clippers Monday night. Not surprisingly. The entire Thunder team was frustrated.
After the game a reporter asked Durant if he got a good look at that Blake Griffin’s monster dunk over Kendrick Perkins. He responded, “I don’t care about that dunk.” And he was done talking about it.
But he was talking about it again Wednesday, and still was dismissive of the play that wowed everyone else. From the twitter of Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman:
“It was a layup, I think. He threw the ball in and got fouled and made a free throw. So it’s three points at the end of the day… “If it wasn’t against us, maybe I would have said it was a good play.”
Durant is still frustrated. The guy does not like to lose. Besides him, there are a lot of people out there trying to argue because Griffin didn’t touch the rim it wasn’t a dunk. Which is ridiculous.
After the game Kendrick Perkins called it a dunk. He was closest. If he says it was a dunk, it was a dunk. No matter what Durant says.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29