Feb 1, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Kevin Durant was not very talkative after his Thunder squad got their heads handed to them by the Clippers Monday night. Not surprisingly. The entire Thunder team was frustrated.
After the game a reporter asked Durant if he got a good look at that Blake Griffin’s monster dunk over Kendrick Perkins. He responded, “I don’t care about that dunk.” And he was done talking about it.
But he was talking about it again Wednesday, and still was dismissive of the play that wowed everyone else. From the twitter of Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman:
“It was a layup, I think. He threw the ball in and got fouled and made a free throw. So it’s three points at the end of the day… “If it wasn’t against us, maybe I would have said it was a good play.”
Durant is still frustrated. The guy does not like to lose. Besides him, there are a lot of people out there trying to argue because Griffin didn’t touch the rim it wasn’t a dunk. Which is ridiculous.
After the game Kendrick Perkins called it a dunk. He was closest. If he says it was a dunk, it was a dunk. No matter what Durant says.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29