Feb 1, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Kevin Durant was not very talkative after his Thunder squad got their heads handed to them by the Clippers Monday night. Not surprisingly. The entire Thunder team was frustrated.
After the game a reporter asked Durant if he got a good look at that Blake Griffin’s monster dunk over Kendrick Perkins. He responded, “I don’t care about that dunk.” And he was done talking about it.
But he was talking about it again Wednesday, and still was dismissive of the play that wowed everyone else. From the twitter of Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman:
“It was a layup, I think. He threw the ball in and got fouled and made a free throw. So it’s three points at the end of the day… “If it wasn’t against us, maybe I would have said it was a good play.”
Durant is still frustrated. The guy does not like to lose. Besides him, there are a lot of people out there trying to argue because Griffin didn’t touch the rim it wasn’t a dunk. Which is ridiculous.
After the game Kendrick Perkins called it a dunk. He was closest. If he says it was a dunk, it was a dunk. No matter what Durant says.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6