Feb 1, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Knicks didn’t look like they needed a savior. Carmelo Anthony was back, the Knicks were scoring the paint and knocking down threes, they looked like what everyone had kind of expected before the season.
Which is good, because the other savior may be a while.
Baron Davis missed practice, couldn’t take contact due to back soreness… To clarify on Baron Davis, (coach Mike) D’Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.
There still is no timetable for him to take the court. The Knicks were hoping to have him playing by this weekend, but if he’s not taking contact that seems doubtful.
Baron Davis is no savior. He’s better than what they’ve got in terms of pure point guards on that roster, they could use him, but he is not the answer. He jacks up threes early in the clock, over dribbles and loses focus for stretches. That said, still better than any PG on the roster. So, everyone in New York waits.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42