Feb 1, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Knicks didn’t look like they needed a savior. Carmelo Anthony was back, the Knicks were scoring the paint and knocking down threes, they looked like what everyone had kind of expected before the season.
Which is good, because the other savior may be a while.
Baron Davis missed practice, couldn’t take contact due to back soreness… To clarify on Baron Davis, (coach Mike) D’Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.
There still is no timetable for him to take the court. The Knicks were hoping to have him playing by this weekend, but if he’s not taking contact that seems doubtful.
Baron Davis is no savior. He’s better than what they’ve got in terms of pure point guards on that roster, they could use him, but he is not the answer. He jacks up threes early in the clock, over dribbles and loses focus for stretches. That said, still better than any PG on the roster. So, everyone in New York waits.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8