Feb 1, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Knicks didn’t look like they needed a savior. Carmelo Anthony was back, the Knicks were scoring the paint and knocking down threes, they looked like what everyone had kind of expected before the season.
Which is good, because the other savior may be a while.
Baron Davis missed practice, couldn’t take contact due to back soreness… To clarify on Baron Davis, (coach Mike) D’Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.
There still is no timetable for him to take the court. The Knicks were hoping to have him playing by this weekend, but if he’s not taking contact that seems doubtful.
Baron Davis is no savior. He’s better than what they’ve got in terms of pure point guards on that roster, they could use him, but he is not the answer. He jacks up threes early in the clock, over dribbles and loses focus for stretches. That said, still better than any PG on the roster. So, everyone in New York waits.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 0
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 32
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?