Feb 1, 2012, 3:58 PM EST
Tuesday night, the Knicks didn’t look like they needed a savior. Carmelo Anthony was back, the Knicks were scoring the paint and knocking down threes, they looked like what everyone had kind of expected before the season.
Which is good, because the other savior may be a while.
Baron Davis missed practice, couldn’t take contact due to back soreness… To clarify on Baron Davis, (coach Mike) D’Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.
There still is no timetable for him to take the court. The Knicks were hoping to have him playing by this weekend, but if he’s not taking contact that seems doubtful.
Baron Davis is no savior. He’s better than what they’ve got in terms of pure point guards on that roster, they could use him, but he is not the answer. He jacks up threes early in the clock, over dribbles and loses focus for stretches. That said, still better than any PG on the roster. So, everyone in New York waits.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9