Feb 1, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Tuesday night, the Knicks didn’t look like they needed a savior. Carmelo Anthony was back, the Knicks were scoring the paint and knocking down threes, they looked like what everyone had kind of expected before the season.
Which is good, because the other savior may be a while.
Baron Davis missed practice, couldn’t take contact due to back soreness… To clarify on Baron Davis, (coach Mike) D’Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.
There still is no timetable for him to take the court. The Knicks were hoping to have him playing by this weekend, but if he’s not taking contact that seems doubtful.
Baron Davis is no savior. He’s better than what they’ve got in terms of pure point guards on that roster, they could use him, but he is not the answer. He jacks up threes early in the clock, over dribbles and loses focus for stretches. That said, still better than any PG on the roster. So, everyone in New York waits.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8