Jan 31, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
They have similarities. Both came off a wing pick-and-roll where the defense went with the point guard. Both were over a tall man wearing blue.
I vote Perkins, because he tried to defend it. But you can’t go wrong either way.
By the way, to those of you saying this is not a dunk because Griffin threw the ball in the basket — you’re wrong. First, here is the dictonary definition of a dunk: “a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket.” That is what Griffin did.
Second, Perkins himself called it a dunk after the game (and a “good play”). He had the best view of it. If he called it a dunk, that is good enough for me.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 40
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 60
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3