Jan 31, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
They have similarities. Both came off a wing pick-and-roll where the defense went with the point guard. Both were over a tall man wearing blue.
I vote Perkins, because he tried to defend it. But you can’t go wrong either way.
By the way, to those of you saying this is not a dunk because Griffin threw the ball in the basket — you’re wrong. First, here is the dictonary definition of a dunk: “a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket.” That is what Griffin did.
Second, Perkins himself called it a dunk after the game (and a “good play”). He had the best view of it. If he called it a dunk, that is good enough for me.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13