Jan 31, 2012, 11:53 AM EST
They have similarities. Both came off a wing pick-and-roll where the defense went with the point guard. Both were over a tall man wearing blue.
I vote Perkins, because he tried to defend it. But you can’t go wrong either way.
By the way, to those of you saying this is not a dunk because Griffin threw the ball in the basket — you’re wrong. First, here is the dictonary definition of a dunk: “a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket.” That is what Griffin did.
Second, Perkins himself called it a dunk after the game (and a “good play”). He had the best view of it. If he called it a dunk, that is good enough for me.
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 12
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)