Jan 31, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
They have similarities. Both came off a wing pick-and-roll where the defense went with the point guard. Both were over a tall man wearing blue.
I vote Perkins, because he tried to defend it. But you can’t go wrong either way.
By the way, to those of you saying this is not a dunk because Griffin threw the ball in the basket — you’re wrong. First, here is the dictonary definition of a dunk: “a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket.” That is what Griffin did.
Second, Perkins himself called it a dunk after the game (and a “good play”). He had the best view of it. If he called it a dunk, that is good enough for me.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 7
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3