Jan 31, 2012, 11:26 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The world is starting to realize what we at PBT have known for a while — Clipper Darrell rocks!
If you actually needed more proof LeBron James is having a monster season, check out this from ESPN’s stats department: He has 23 straight games with at least15 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assits. Only Oscar Robertson has longer streak.
Kevin Martin was back in the Rockets lineup and scored 29 on Monday night on 15 shots and looked like his old self, draining threes and
Chris Kaman is consistently listed by the Hornets as “DNP-OD.” What is OD? Organizational decision. It’s a new one.
Expect Tim Duncan to get another game off this week for rest. Popovich will do that more than any other coach this year. Easily.
Michael Beasley had a Timberwolves record 34 points off the bench Monday. This was the one game a month he decided to really show up focused.
Could the Nets try to acquire Stephen Jackson from Milwaukee to boost their chances of getting Dwight Howard in a trade? ESPN’s Ric Bucher says so, but we keep hearing Howard doesn’t want to go to the Nets this season because that team is not headed to the playoffs. Plus, does anyone really want Stephen Jackson right now?
Great post on a fan coming to the realization his team’s title window has closed.
Here’s a good list of the teams Dwight Howard will say he will play for.
Sunday against the Heat, the Bulls broke out a zone defense that nobody expected. Here’s a quick look at this chess move (in a match to be continued later in the playoffs).
The Spurs have sent forward Malcolm Thomas to the Austin Toros of the D-League.
A sports betting hedge fund set up in Europe has folded.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0