Jan 31, 2012, 8:20 AM EST
Stephen Curry’s ankle was a lingering problem last season, so in the summer he had surgery to tighten the ligaments. But already he has missed eight games this season dealing with the same ankle.
He’s been back he last four games now, so how’s it doing? Not as well as one could hope. He’s able to play through it, but on the bright side the steps they have taken — including therapy and new shoes — have kept it from getting any worse.
Here is what Curry told Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
It doesn’t respond well after games. It takes me a while to get back, get the soreness out of it. But during the games I don’t think about it, it feels good. You can be in shape or what you think is in decent shape to play, but when it gets to the schedule we have and being ready in the fourth quarter that’s a process after missing so much time. So, still working on being in shape for the minutes I’m playing. But I’m doing pretty well.
Is it always going to be this way?
I hope not. It’s a full-time commitment to try to rehab every day and do extra stuff to get my ankle right. Hopefully us staying on top of it now and me continuing to play on it will help me get through this. So, next year when I come back it will just be a normal ankle and I can keep going and keep pushing hard.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 1
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 23
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)